What's on your stores' shelves for ammo and reloading supplies?

It sure as heck isn't 6.5 PRC.... When are they going to start making more brass and ammo for this round... every gun store in the US of A has 6.5 PRC guns on the racks and they can't sell them..... 'cause no ammo.

I wound up with some N160 in an 8lb jug at $266 today from a gouging sporting goods here in Butte. That's $33.25/1lb. I thought it was a score.

Some powders are showing up, but I have seen any H1000 for a year now or longer.
I got to wondering where is the powder being manufacture at? I know that some is made down under. Is everything in powder manufacturing overseas or what?
Runnings is kind of a semi-regional, mostly mid-western chain with scattered outlets, but we are fortunate to have one here in NH and only a few miles from me. I was in there today buying some boots and made my usual survey of their powder and bullet stock. They had a couple H1000 sitting there, as well as over a dozen other Hodgdon and IMR powders. No CFE223, though, about the only powder I would like more of.

It sure as heck isn't 6.5 PRC.... When are they going to start making more brass and ammo for this round... every gun store in the US of A has 6.5 PRC guns on the racks and they can't sell them..... 'cause no ammo.
That's for sure and has been for quite a long time. I ended up being able to eventually buy some of the Hornady 26333 bullets that Hornady's match ammo is made from, and i just roll my own. I did the same with Federal Gold Medal Match ammo in .308 - just buy the same bullet the factory is using, use the chrono to match the muzzle velocity for your powder load, and you've got ammo that's ballistically the same as factory. Components are expensive and hard to get, but not as hard or expensive as the factory ammo, especially if you're looking for a particular load, like match ammo.

Recent Posts