What's on your stores' shelves for ammo and reloading supplies?

Where are you from? I'm trying to get rid of a pound of a powder I don't use, 7828ssc. I'd trade for anything shooting related I can use, and I'm also good on primers for a bit. I'm in Iowa if you wanted to arrange a trade. I've got a post in the classifieds that lists most of what I'm looking for
Unfortunately 1 lb doesn't do me much good as I haven't built a load with that powder so it would probably get me through that and that would be it. I like to get powder in bulk. Either same 1 lb lots of 5-8 lbers but thanks for the offer.

The only place around here with anything that I know of is Cliff's Guns & Safes off Fairview Ave. They've had primers this whole time from what I can tell. At one point they were $85/1,000. The last time I went in, I overheard the new rule is you have to buy a bullet for every primer you want. Premium prices on everything but if a guy was hard up. I've never met anyone with a favorable opinion of that establishment.
This is literally the worst place to ever buy something. It's astounding to me it's still open, he gouged just as bad in 2012, returning something he sold me the next day was the worst customer experience I've ever had. Never went back.

This is literally the worst place to ever buy something. It's astounding to me it's still open, he gouged just as bad in 2012, returning something he sold me the next day was the worst customer experience I've ever had. Never went back.
Thank you Jcub and martinaki. It's also important to share reviews of places not to buy from. I lived in West Boise for 30+ years and never went to Cliff's.

I had an uncle that had a 300 Weatherby rifle in a left hand action. Me being left handed also he was trying to sell the rifle to me. Great looking rifle. With his factory ammo, I couldn't get it to group under 3" at 100yds. It burn a lot of powder too. At the time I was using a 300 H & H mag in a Rem 721 action. My groups were about 3/4" or less @ 100yds. At the time I knew Weatherby had a lot of free bore in there chamber set up. The barrel were so light there had to be a lot of barrel whip. So no sale. Even now I don't use Weatherby, but they are a fine looking rifle. To each there own.

I called them when this all started and they didn't have any primers at all. He must of got a shipment in and decided to make some real money 🤑

What's ironic is that either last summer or summer of 2020, I don't remember which, THE hottest thing going was H1000 and H4350. Absolutely unavailable anywhere. For the last several months, my local Runnings almost always has a few pounds of both. They also have a few others, like H4831, H4895, Superformance, Hybrid, Leverevolution, a few others. Scattered bullets in .30, .223, 9mm. They always seems to have some 6mm bullets, too.

I think there's a little bit of a silver lining to what's been happening and that's a whole bunch of new gun owners in 2020.

This was from August 2020 article:

"Nearly five million new gun owners have joined the 100 million-plus gun owners already in the U.S. in 2020, according to recent estimates from the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF). The same data also shows that 40% of all firearms sales are going to first-time buyers."

Source:

Evidence of that is at my local Runnings - for quite a while now, they have had a big hand-made sign in the bullets area, telling the newbies that the bullets are NOT ammunition. I'm sure they've gotten lots of returns from people who bought boxes of bullets, expecting to be able to fire them as-is.

1. Vista Outdoor, the parent company of CCI, Federal, Speer, and Remington ammunition reported a January 2021 backlog of 12 months on its ammunition orders. Vista also reported that 2020 ammunition orders totaled an unprecedented $1.2 billion (that is an average $3.3 million in sales per day!)

2. In Texas in the month of March alone, there were 158 cases of price gouging filed against the company "Cheaper than Dirt." The majority of the complaints included evidence that ammo prices had increased 3-fold at Cheaper than Dirt in less than a month.
I found increases of 50% to 150% for ammo in gun stores over the last ten months. Now the cupboards are bare.
1. See the excellent post by WildRose with the latest industry insider info from Vista.
2. Those filthy scums at CTD have been gouging to the max for as long as I can remember. The day after Sandy Hook, their $12 AR mags became $60 and they even posted notices for every gun listed saying "We do not sell firearms over the internet", even though I'd just bought a gun from them a couple weeks prior to that. I have never shopped there since then, and never will.

Look at the net almost each day, looking for powder, and primers. I have gotten 4- 8lbs over the last year. 1-H4350SC, 1- H4831, 6 lbs of Ramshot LR, and two others IMR new powders. Primers my son got me 1000 and I got a 1000 Rem LR. I missed 8lbs of H1000 a couple of months ago. All the components are hard to come and including reloading equipment too. I figure the manufactures of ammo are getting the components first to built taylor made ammo.

Some powders are showing up, but I have seen any H1000 for a year now or longer.
I got to wondering where is the powder being manufacture at? I know that some is made down under. Is everything in powder manufacturing overseas or what?