What's a good action for a light 6.5 PRC feeding from DBM ?

Rprecision

So I am researching actions for a 6.5 prc build. I want to be able to feed from detachable box mags.

What are working for this caliber and what's not?

Thanks

What's a good action for a light 6.5 PRC feeding from DBM ?

I think if you truly mean 'light' then you should consider the Titanium actions available through a small handful of manufacturers. If I'm remembering correctly, all of them can be set up to use the DBM systems. Your challenge is to match your cartridge to the box size then bottom metal to control the magazine.

I use the WSM boxes in short action trigger guards with good results. But I'm not a fan boy of trying to seat the bullets way out of the case either. All of my loads perform exceptionally well at SAAMI box length for the short actions. My load lengths usually run 2.925" in a 2.950" box. My competition and hunting load is the 130 gr. over a full case of Re-25, Norma MRP or VVN-560 through a 20" barrel for 3025 fps.

Proof Light Sendero contour barrel and you should have a neat rifle for hunting.

Enjoy the process!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.