6.5 PRC in Long Action?

I was looking into building my own rifle in a 6.5 PRC, but wanted to know if the cartridge works in a long action? Also, I had thought of going 6.5-284Norma, my understanding is they are pretty close in ballistics, I figured the PRC will have more options as times goes on. If you had to start new, any preference in one over the other?
I have done builds for hunters up here, Most times I do the LA bighorns so they can do a switch barrel set up with a larger mag say a 300 PRC cal . if you are doing just a one barrel set up and want light go with the SA also the 6.5 PRC is a good cal and there should be more bullets ect coming out for it along with brass hopfully

^I'm doing exactly this on my new build. 6.5PRC/300PRC switch barrel on a BAT Vampire, which is a LA. Smith said that sometimes it's difficult to get the 6.5 to feed out of the big Wyatts box, but for this gun my main concern is the 300. If it comes down to single feeding the 6.5 it doesn't bother me as it will be mostly for banging steel to get seat time with the gun.

That is what I was wondering, how will it feed in a long action and not cause issues? This will be my first build on my own, and really did not know if a Wyatt mag box would be an issue. I had thought of using an Kelby Atlas Tactical, but was thinking of the Bighorn Origin with the ability to swap bolt heads if I went the Norma route. I do not have a 30 Caliber and was thinking of a 300 PRC in the distant future.

I've built a couple using Kelbly Atlas long actions and had troubles trying to get them to feed using the Wyatt's 300 prc box and follower. A member on another forum gave me some great info on how to fix this as he went through the same problems.

He purchased a box with no window cut in it and then traced the window of his 300 prc box onto the blank box but moved it back towards the rear of the action. I measured the difference in the case length between the 6.5 and 300 which is .550 and that's how far I moved the cutout back. I machined the cutouts in my mill and smoothed up all the edges and it feeds reliably now with any number of rounds loaded.

I did speek to Wyatts about this and he said in the future he might make some boxes specifically for this.

I'm happy with a sa Prc. Whole point of moving off the 6.5-284 was for the sa set up. I don't know what actual advantage you get with a la. Still haven't seen any numbers showing much if any gain in performance over a sa. Me, I'll stick with the sa.

Definitely the long action, I run mine with 156 and 153.5 grain Bergers with the boat tail / bearing surface juncture at the case shoulder junction. This gives me room for 64 grains of N570 and gives me 3,330 fps and 1/4 moa in my 31" Bartlien on my DTA SRS-A1. It is a hot load though, so if you choose to try it, work up to it with care. Berger did recommend 64.1 grains of N570 with their 156 EOL's as max.

Sounds like a LA is the way to go if one builds either. Just torn between which to choose, the PRC or the Norma. I have heard of issues with sizing dies not working well with the PRC case, anybody run into a problem with the dies not sizing them correctly?
We haven't had any issues with our PRC's.
We are getting 150+ fps over the old 6.5-284 we used to have with the same bullet. We downsized from 6.5-284 & 7 Rem mag to the 6.5 PRC. Figured working with 1 rifle is easier for load development.

I've built a couple using Kelbly Atlas long actions and had troubles trying to get them to feed using the Wyatt's 300 prc box and follower. A member on another forum gave me some great info on how to fix this as he went through the same problems.

He purchased a box with no window cut in it and then traced the window of his 300 prc box onto the blank box but moved it back towards the rear of the action. I measured the difference in the case length between the 6.5 and 300 which is .550 and that's how far I moved the cutout back. I machined the cutouts in my mill and smoothed up all the edges and it feeds reliably now with any number of rounds loaded.

I did speek to Wyatts about this and he said in the future he might make some boxes specifically for this.
I believe the Wyatt boxes are designed for a hinged floorplate. What would you suggest for a LA without a hinged plate? Right now just feeding singles which isn't really a problem.

I built the 6.5 prc on a Terminus long action with Remington bottom metal with Wyatt box and follower . Had really bad feeding issues. This had nothing to do with the Terminus action. After some suggestions from LRH members I ,got it fixed. Wyatt CF12 box and follower, I had to take lots of trips to the grinder, had to take a lot off the box to get the height right. Spring tension was to strong so I had to squeeze the spring at all three bends to keep the shells level so they would feed . The best fix is Wyatt's cf12 box with cf5 follower and spring, then fill the space in the back of the box with a spacer, but I'll wait until after November . I have 4th season Colorado unit 22 deer tag and going to wait until I get back to fix it right.

I built the 6.5 prc on a Terminus long action with Remington bottom metal with Wyatt box and follower . Had really bad feeding issues. This had nothing to do with the Terminus action. After some suggestions from LRH members I ,got it fixed. Wyatt CF12 box and follower, I had to take lots of trips to the grinder, had to take a lot off the box to get the height right. Spring tension was to strong so I had to squeeze the spring at all three bends to keep the shells level so they would feed . The best fix is Wyatt's cf12 box with cf5 follower and spring, then fill the space in the back of the box with a spacer, but I'll wait until after November . I have 4th season Colorado unit 22 deer tag and going to wait until I get back to fix it right.