Which TT do you prefer?

• TT Primary Curved

• TT Primary Straight

• TT Special Curved

• TT Special Straight

• TT Diamond Curved

• TT Diamond Straight

Results are only viewable after voting.
In my not so humble opinion, straight triggers on rifles or handguns or anything for that matter are about the worst thing ever. Not as bad as a Savage AccuTrigger or Glock trigger with the safety dingus in the center but pretty terrible. It really comes down to personal preference, but I think straight triggers are an over rated fad. It is my opinion that curved triggers give you more consistent finger placement for a more consistent pull every time. That being said, I would encourage you to try one for yourself so you can see just how terrible they are lol.

I personally run curved Diamond triggers on all my bolt guns. I don't mess with the weight out of the box, I just mount them directly. For me, this has given both accurate down range performance as well as drop safety. Straight, flat, in any model you choose, I think you will be happy with TT's offerings. Congrats on the first custom build as well!

Custom action go diamond, l have one on my Defiance anti-x and a special on my 700. I like my triggers no heavier than 1lb. The special is probably 1.25

Last edited:
I've got 2 special's, and 1 diamond all on custom action's. I didn't need the diamond since all of mine are set at 1 lb.
I just ordered another special on Friday for another custom action that I recently bought. I use the curved trigger's on all my rifle's, that's just what I'm used to. I've tried a flat trigger on one of my AR's and never got used to the feel of it.

I bought my first TT at the urging of lots of people. I've shot Jewell triggers for 10+ years. It was hard for me to move away from Jewell but the TT Diamond is an absolutely fantastic trigger. I've also come to really like flat triggers.

I just bought my 2nd one for an upcoming build.

I'll add some opinions. I've moved all my custom hunting rifles to 2stage curved Diamonds.

I have them set for 1lb 1st stage and 1lb second stage. This allows for a little more safety in the 1st stage so I don't accidently pull it with gloves on but once I hit that wall I only have 1lb to go. I can sit on that wall like a single stage. The 1lb second stage mimics my comp guns who have 1lb or less single stage triggers. I prefer not to run the exact minimum so use Diamonds to be more in the middle of the range for them.

I run curved for consistency because I have other rifles that no one makes a flat trigger for. I'd rather be consistent even if I like the flat triggers as you can index on the bottom of them a little more consistently.

As for running them out of the box without measuring... man that makes my anxiety go up thinking about it. I'm sure TTs are very close in default from the factory but I wouldn't be able to not check it as each action can impart a different weight on a trigger. I've got both digital pull measurer and NRA weights.

In the end it is all preference. Only caution I would say is matching the weight to your skill level and amount of practice. Don't be the guy who shoots 2x/yr at the range running a 4oz trigger on a hunting trip.

IMO/my preference:
  • AR - Straight Diamond or whatever weight you prefer (all TriggerTech AR are two -stage)
  • Chassis/PRS type stock with really light pull - Flat Diamond Two-Stage (two stage allows me to "cover" the trigger without sending one as the pull gets really light)
  • Hunting rifle with more traditional stock - Pro Curved Special

With the stock and application you specified I would probably lean towards the Pro Curved Special. Your bottom metal needs to be the right shape for the trigger. A traditional curved rifle trigger guard is better with the curved trigger shoe. An AR or chassis has a flat back behind the housing works fine with either. A flat shoe allows you to place your finger where you want on the face which I prefer on those applications. On my hunting rifles I prefer the curved trigger. The Pro has no grooves or contour and I like the feel of it better.

Also, a TriggerTech will feel 1/2-1lb lighter than it is and be safer than a traditional trigger to a lower pull weight. You will love the trigger whatever way you go.

The one on the far left it the pro curved with no texture on the face of the trigger.
20220207_111441.jpg

Last edited:
I went with the TT primary curved around 1.5lbs I think is where the gunsmith set it. I love it. But don't have any experience with the choices. Have experience with other brands and TT is my favorite. 👍

I have Jewels and Triggertechs. Personal preference on brand and shoe configuration. On my hunting rifles equipped with Triggertechs they are all Special Curved. I just like the feel of the curved trigger shoe. I use the Special because I like my pull at 1 - 1.25 pounds. Triggertech makes a great trigger so it is hard to go wrong with any other their offerings. Decide on your pull weight and purchase accordingly.

I have Jewels and Triggertechs. Personal preference on brand and shoe configuration. On my hunting rifles equipped with Triggertechs they are all Special Curved. I just like the feel of the curved trigger shoe. I use the Special because I like my pull at 1 - 1.25 pounds. Triggertech makes a great trigger so it is hard to go wrong with any other their offerings. Decide on your pull weight and purchase accordingly.