huber concepts trigger? or trigger tech/jewell

I run mostly jewels that were bought some time ago because they've been the best option in the past and still run with the current top triggers today. But there's a lot of options these days. If you shoot with a brake off the ground in dusty conditions over time you will have problems with the jewels. But as soon as you clean them they go right back to working. Just clean them after every match and you will never have a problem. Some of these West Texas matches with caliche dust blowing everywhere have some shooters switching to the Timney Calvin elites as they are less sensitive to being run dirty. Just clean your jewel often and you wont have any problems. Ive had a Huber 2 stage for awhile now but haven't spent enough time with it to have a real opinion but it is nice. The next trigger I buy will be a Bix & Andy Tac Sport.

I really like my Jewells but I bought a Triggertech diamond and absolutely love it. Being able to adjust pull weight accurately without having to take gun apart is a great feature. Mine breaks very crisp and clean, so I bought a 2nd one.
I know there are comments about the lack of over travel but I haven't been bothered by that.

I just put together a 300 win mag on a kelbly atlas tactical action and put a trigger tech special on it. My only concern with it is that I don't think it goes down as low as it's advertised weight. I have it adjusted as low as it'll go and they advertise it as going to 1.0 lb. I haven't put a pull gauge on it but there's no way it's that low, it's 2 lbs. at the lightest. 2 lbs is where I'd set it anyway so it's not a problem, but I'd appreciate some truth in advertising. If I bought it looking for a 1 lb trigger for a prairie dog rifle then I'd be upset. The trigger breaks clean and the lack of overtravel doesn't bother me. I wouldn't even notice it if it hadn't been pointed out.

I spoke with Triggertech today as their trigger on my new Cooper Backcountry wouldn't adjust below 2.5#......they told me the same thing Cooper told me concerning the firing pin spring. So I ordered another Jewell for it to go along with the dozen or so I already have.

From Triggertech website: "All pull weights and measurements are approximate. ***Pull weights of TriggerTech Triggers are directly impacted by firing pin spring weight. Overweight firing pin springs may cause pulls weights to vary above the advertised range***"

I spoke with Triggertech today as their trigger on my new Cooper Backcountry wouldn't adjust below 2.5#......they told me the same thing Cooper told me concerning the firing pin spring. So I ordered another Jewell for it to go along with the dozen or so I already have.

From Triggertech website: "All pull weights and measurements are approximate. ***Pull weights of TriggerTech Triggers are directly impacted by firing pin spring weight. Overweight firing pin springs may cause pulls weights to vary above the advertised range***"
I have been through 6-7 triggertechs just to get advertised weights. I'm also a firm believer that more over travel is a good thing. Look at benchrest rifle triggers. Look at BixNAndy triggers you won't find them with no overtravel. Triggertechs are out for me.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.