• TT Primary Curved

• TT Primary Straight

• TT Special Curved

• TT Special Straight

• TT Diamond Curved

• TT Diamond Straight

Results are only viewable after voting.

BoomFlop

I am looking to finalize the trigger for my first custom rifle and am undecided on which Trigger Tech to go with?

Build Details:
Kelbly Atlas Tactical SA
Carbon Rock Creek Sendero 8TW in 7 SS
AG Composite Adj Alpine Hunter
Hawkins Hunter Bottom Metal
Accurate Mag 300 WSM
NF ATACR 5.5-25x56 F2 MOAR-T

This will be used for target and hunting. I am not looking for a 4 oz trigger. Current triggers on my factory rifles are all set at 2lb 6oz. I would possibly like to try lighter, however, again not looking for ounces.

Which TT do you have and prefer for your long range rifle?

Also, discussion as to why you choose that trigger for your use.

Thanks all,
Steve

I'm a big fan of the standard Triggertech Primary with the flat shoe. It will go down to 1.5lbs and they break like glass and feel lighter than they are because of the clean break and zero creep. In my opinion, if it's a hunting rifle that's going to be in the field in the elements and in all weather conditions I don't recommend anything lighter than 1.5lbs and for a novice I'd say no lighter than 2.5-3lbs. I think you'll be very happy with the TT primary. If you think you'd want a touch lighter, get the Special that goes down to 1lb and it's only about $40 more. For the record, I have 3x TT Primary's. 2x flat shoe and one curved.

Last edited:
I received my...

20220206_160105.jpg

last week.

I have never shot a rifle with a straight trigger. Pro's and Con's of a straight trigger shoe vs a curved?
I'm not sure there are any pros/cons. It's personal preference. I have curved primary, flat special and curved Diamond. Honestly can't tell that much difference between the three when they're set to similar weights. Flat is sort of fun, again not sure it's "better" than curved shoe or vice versa. It is sort of nice when you have a thick glove on though

Curved or straight is just personal preference. Either will work. Same for single or two stage. Look at the weight you want and use. The Standard would be my choice for your use. No need to spend Diamond money but a little better break than the Primary. I have both.

If it was me, I would go with the Special, you can get it down to 1lb, but not sure if going to the lowest setting will be safe. I have a Bergara HMR and the trigger on it will only go down to 2lbs and that is the lightest I could get it, but the trigger was not safe at the lightest setting, I could slam it hard on the butt on the ground and it would trip. If you are wanting a pull weight around 1.5lb pull, go with the special, if you want to go lower than 1.5, go with a Diamond.

Forgot to add, you have an awesome build, the parts you are using is what I will be using on my builds later this year. Do you know what the final weight will be on the rifle?

I have never shot a rifle with a straight trigger. Pro's and Con's of a straight trigger shoe vs a curved?
I'd call it "the bump factor" lol. I think I get a better feel with curved, that's all. Nothing to convey, other than it's a personal choice. My AR has a straight. It bumps too much lol.

@Kmccord I am estimating the bare rifle to weight around the 7.5-7.75 lb range and with the NF and Ultra 7 Gen 2 around the 10.5-10.75 lb range.

@Bob Wright By bump, do you actually mean like squeeze the trigger on accident or maybe a better way of describing it would be before ready?

@Kmccord I am estimating the bare rifle to weight around the 7.5-7.75 lb range and with the NF and Ultra 7 Gen 2 around the 10.5-10.75 lb range.

@Bob Wright By bump, do you actually mean like squeeze the trigger on accident or maybe a better way of describing it would be before ready?
For me, a hunting trigger feels better with more clearance between the trigger and the trigger guard. Gloved hands, that monster of a lifetime, a bit of buck fever. I don't know how to describe it. It's funny that on an AR, a straight trigger is good (Giesele) but it will run off a few rounds if your not really disciplined in maintaining total shoulder pressure with the grip and fore end. I don't have that with a single repeater like a bolt gun. It just feels right with curved/bolt gun.
The AR is fun though....