What to do, got wrong scope

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by dragman, Mar 7, 2014.

1. dragman

dragman Well-Known Member

I ordered another ATACR, and I messed up got the wrong one. I like the MOAR and have one already wanted another one but when I ordered it apparently I ordered the C446 MIL-R.
    Question should I:
    1. Send it back and eat the shipping
    2. Flip it and loose a couple bucks
    3. try and get used to it.
    I have no experience with this reticle is it so different??? I really wanna just keep it but I don't like having two guns set up same and have two completely different scopes

2. rick523

rick523 Well-Known Member

My .02 I would send it back and get what I wanted. Like you I have all my go to rifles set up the same. Same stocks, triggers, etc. and all wear 5.5x22 with a moar.

3. dragman

I should do that. I am just interested in the new Mil-r now. anyone using it/?

4. WyoElk2Hunt

WyoElk2Hunt Well-Known Member

Send it back and get the one you want.:)

5. fishwater

fishwater Well-Known Member

Return it and get the one you intended, otherwise it will always bug you..

6. dragman

I think you guys are right. The error was mine but I hate second guessing something so I can't keep it.

7. FearNoWind

FearNoWind Well-Known Member

I'd keep it and learn to use it. But I can't afford anything that fancy so maybe I'm wrong.

Flipping it is likely to cost you about $300 .... ouch.
    If you can get it exchanged for cost of postage, that might be the better choice.
    Best of luck.

8. NWmissouriman

NWmissouriman Well-Known Member

I'm with everyone else. I'd send it back and get the one with MOAR to match your other ATACR. You'll take more of a hit by the time you sell it outright and then have to pay sales tax again on a new one. It would make the return postage seem cheap. I also like to have matching reticles, that way everything looks the same no matter what you pick up. I just got traded for a NXS 3.5-15 and as soon as it arrived I immediately put it in the mail to NF to switch out the NP-R1 for an MOAR so it would match my ATACR.