What rifles you guys running for varmint hunting?

The only rifle I own that has a cartridge suitable is a Steyr AUG assault rifle with a built in (non-removable) 1.5 x Swarovski scope, not great for varmint long shots.

Otherwise it's a RUGER 96/22 magnum lever gun. (Yes, RUGER once made lever guns.) or my 6.5PRC Browning X-Bolt Pro mountain rifle, which is a bit of overkill and pelt destruction.

22-250, but I guess it may be short lived if the ammo ppl won't sell me shells! I am to dang old to set up for reloading 22-250, so may have to figure something for my 300 win. mag. ???

I have several different calibers I use for varmints. Three of which I can and do interchange with the same bullets. I like Hornady v max in the 50 to 55 grain weight. I use those in my .22-250's, my .223's and my .220 Swift. Other calibers include a .204 Ruger, .243 Win and .25-06 Rem. They all perform very well and the absence of the felt recoil compared to my other larger rifles is a welcome site!

A pair of Savage 223s with McGowen 8 twist barrels and a Savage model 112 25-06. Chucks out to 600 yards are fair game.
I like McGowen Barrels! I have six of them. For gophers, dogtowns and the occasional 'yote, I have a pair of 22-6mms. I like running 55s over 3900, so I shoot slow and switch guns. These are both McGowen #6 contour barrels on M1917s with Dayton-Traister triggers

I'm looking a building a 22 creedmoor.
Being an old benchrest shooter I down grade my 8 1/2 and 10 1/2 lb 22PPC rifles for rabbit, fox and pig field shooting. Apart from these I use a spare small bolt face Rem 700 or Rem 788 action and fit one of the worn barrels to them. These I chamber for 222 or 222Rem mag.
Have used. 17 MK 4 *
17 222 *
17 Rem
222 Rem *
223 Rem
222 Rem Mag *
22 PPC *
22 International
243 Win
Favorites are marked *
Would suggest you find an old Rem 700 , have a 1 in 14 top grade barrel fitted and chambered for 222 Rem Mag .
I am a budget shooter, shooting for skins and meat not one who wants a red mist over a yard long behind the shot game.

I've used quite a few different ones over the past 50 some years. It's been a long evolution always stretching the ranges further out. A custom 7 mag shooting Berger 180 grain HVLD's got me out to 1402 on marmots. A Cooper model 22 with an 8 twist barrel shooting Hornady 75 grain ELDM's is out to 1131 on prairie dogs. I have a custom 6.5 PRC to do load development on that I'm hoping will get me to a mile on marmots. This same rifle currently wears a .300 WSM shooting 215 grain Berger Hybrids that have shot just under half moa at 1320. When the barrel is done on the 22-250 this summer it'll rebarrel as a fast twist 22 creedmore. Have 1K 88 grain ELDM's on the shelf for this project. Short range stuff is mostly with handguns. 212 yards is my furthest marmot with a .454 Casull.

I'm looking a building a 22 creedmoor.
Well I'm not a guy but my varmint hunting is pretty well limited to 200 yards or less for ground hogs, chipmunks and coyotes. They all succumb to my Tikka T1X in .22 LR. with a Vortex Crossfire 4 x 16 x 50 sighted in at 150 yards using CCI Mini Mags. Although I cannot claim one shot one dead one for chipmunks over 75 yards if you are a ground hog or coyote out to 200 yards it's pretty much a one shot deal. There are some 30 groundhogs that can attest to that, which became coyote food over the last year It's only to have more than few coyotes coming for a ground hog dinner become dinner for other coyotes. It's dog eat dog world out here in the Wisconsin Woods and fields.