What rifles you guys running for varmint hunting?

I'm in agreement. My varmint rifle of choice is my Rem 700 25-06. I had a smith redo y original rifle with a new Douglas SUpreme target barrel, with no taper whatsoever. I planned to use it off the hood of my Dodge power wagon on a friend's 500-acre ranch. At that time, it was wearing a Fajen thumb-hole stock and a Redfied 24-power fixed scope. I would put five under a dime at 100 yards all day, assuming that I did my part, but it is heavy. Since I was shooting off of my truck, the weight didn't matter. We "raised hell with the pasture poodles and ground squirrels.
That's how my 6XC barrel in my Desert Tech chassis is, straight taper 30" long… the rifle weighs about 20 lbs give or take, holds itself dead steady and just stacks 87g Vmax. It's a darn good thing the truck carries it around for me!

8447C570-4029-4F0F-AE67-5E6645FBDDFE.jpeg

Nice step up, but in most states it's illegal to shot from a truck or car, if I remeber correctly.
Heavy yes, and I have a 6mm/280AI in a heavy barrel that's 30" long. I haven't check the weight of it. It's also set up for a suppressers too. Sure front end heavy too.
I will have to ask a gamewarden the next time I see one about it.

Nice step up, but in most states it's illegal to shot from a truck or car, if I remeber correctly.
Heavy yes, and I have a 6mm/280AI in a heavy barrel that's 30" long. I haven't check the weight of it. It's also set up for a suppressers too. Sure front end heavy too.
I will have to ask a gamewarden the next time I see one about it.
I live in Texas wr can shoot out of trucks. Who would live in a state that wouldn't allow you to is the question. Every law can be changed , stand up and do something about it. " 204,223,22creed,243. Those seem to work on everything from ground hogs to aoudad. Go have some fun.

Attachments

• 20230128_142748.jpg
    20230128_142748.jpg
    877.4 KB · Views: 53
I live in Texas wr can shoot out of trucks. Who would live in a state that wouldn't allow you to is the question. Every law can be changed , stand up and do something about it. " 204,223,22creed,243. Those seem to work on everything from ground hogs to aoudad. Go have some fun.
They stole an election in front of God and everybody. What makes you think that our vote count? Oh that's right I'll just write a letter to my senator. That'll do a bunch of good.! Wake up and smell the coffee brother!

Only in Texas! I do recall that.

17 Remington! Have an extra ar15 lower and have been thinking about what to build. Anyone considered or built an AR in 17 Remington. Don't see any of these uppers out there. Would think it would be a great varmint rifle.

Have 220 swift, 243, 6.5 CM and 223. Don't have any 17 cal rifles. Been waiting for the new Savage A17, 17 Wsm, but that hasn't happened yet, and ammo is scarce and expensive. Looking for something I can reload.

22mag, 17WSM, 220 swift, 6mm/280AI, and now a 25/280AI. The first 3 I have ammo or reload components, 6mm/280AI. It's about ready. One more item. The 25/280AI I have just started.

That's how my 6XC barrel in my Desert Tech chassis is, straight taper 30" long… the rifle weighs about 20 lbs give or take, holds itself dead steady and just stacks 87g Vmax. It's a darn good thing the truck carries it around for me!

View attachment 437923
I've got one in a 6m/280AI, that's a heavy 30 barrel, and set up for a suppressor also. Very front end heavy. Planning carrying it around on my ATV or Pickup. I am little concerned about it being frontend heavy. I'll have to be careful.