What rifles you guys running for varmint hunting?

Just depends and many cartridges. All basic everyday "inexpensive" rifles. Have a Ruger predator 223 in the truck all winter for birds to coyotes. My favorite HB is a Savage FV in 22-250. Just killed a raccoon tonight with my Benjamin Marauder 22 PCP. Right between the eyes at about 20-30 yards. Stoned it one shot.

Good point most of the time I plan on saving furs.
My favorite fur saving bullet for 223 was the Speer 52gr HP #4708
I tried a lot of different bullets for fur, but those were the most consistent minimal pelt damage. Light ballistic tips did ok, the TNT and blitz were good at lower velocity like out of a contender. They come apart if they are spun too fast or driven to fast out of the 22-250.
The Hornady 75gr HP was the best in the quarter bore. The 243W was inconsistent damage wise. Had some good ones with NBT and even light TSX. Then the next would leave a huge hole. The Barnes varmint grenade was awful.
This was over about 30 years. I still have several thousand of the Speers on hand, haven't used everything of course.

I'm looking a building a 22 creedmoor.
Wolf -

Howdy !

For groundhogs and target work, I used to shoot my " .22-35 Remington " wildcat. This gave me the basically the case capacity of a notional " .22 Creedmoor ", but decades earlier.

These days, I shoot my wildcat " DEEP 6 ", which has a chamber cut by running a 6mm Remington reamer in
" short "; for a nominal .466" base diam. This wildcat gives me case capacity very close to that of a 6 Creemoor, with a long VLD-friendly neck lg. I use 7 X 64 Brenneke as the parent brass, and I have had no trouble in obtaining these cases ( Norma, LR primed )..

My rifle has a Wichita WBR1375 single shot benchrest action, 2oz Jewell, Broughton 29" SS 1-8 " 5C rifled " Palma taper barrel. I made the " stock " myself, using a 36" aluminum "I" beam oriented as an " H " cross section.
I floated the action, and use a " plumber's clamp " to secure the barrel to the aluminum beam; via use a torque plate borrowed from a " U " bolt..... and 4 carriage bolts w/ lock nuts. I used pieces of 5qtr composite deck boards to fashion the rifle's flat fore end.... and seperate rear butt stock. I re-formed a galvanized condiut hanger into an
" L " shape, for the trigger guard.

With regards,
357Mag
I mounted a Ken Farrell 20moa scope base along w/ Ken's 1" 4-screw rings. Scope on the rifle is Weaver T-36XR
that I have fitted w/ a 2.5X " optical booster ".

Varmint - Our Ruger M77 Target Grey in a .204. Changed it out from the Laminate stock to a MDT LSS. Shoots 0.156" with Sierra 39gr SBK with Lapua Brass on top of H-4895.
Then we Have our RRA AR.223 with lapua brass, H-4895 and SGK 65gr for Coyotes/Bobcats shoots 1/3". For Pd we switch to 55gr & 50gr.

Wolf -

Howdy !

For groundhogs and target work, I used to shoot my " .22-35 Remington " wildcat. This gave me the basically the case capacity of a notional " .22 Creedmoor ", but decades earlier.

These days, I shoot my wildcat " DEEP 6 ", which has a chamber cut by running a 6mm Remington reamer in
" short "; for a nominal .466" base diam. This wildcat gives me case capacity very close to that of a 6 Creemoor, with a long VLD-friendly neck lg. I use 7 X 64 Brenneke as the parent brass, and I have had no trouble in obtaining these cases ( Norma, LR primed )..

My rifle has a Wichita WBR1375 single shot benchrest action, 2oz Jewell, Broughton 29" SS 1-8 " 5C rifled " Palma taper barrel. I made the " stock " myself, using a 36" aluminum "I" beam oriented as an " H " cross section.
I floated the action, and use a " plumber's clamp " to secure the barrel to the aluminum beam; via use a torque plate borrowed from a " U " bolt..... and 4 carriage bolts w/ lock nuts. I used pieces of 5qtr composite deck boards to fashion the rifle's flat fore end.... and seperate rear butt stock. I re-formed a galvanized condiut hanger into an
" L " shape, for the trigger guard.

With regards,
357Mag
I mounted a Ken Farrell 20moa scope base along w/ Ken's 1" 4-screw rings. Scope on the rifle is Weaver T-36XR
that I have fitted w/ a 2.5X " optical booster ".
I'd love to see a pic of that.