What rifles you guys running for varmint hunting?

You guys running the 204 Ruger really need to look at the 20 Practical when it's time for a barrel. Same performance, cheap brass and less powder. It's what the 204 should have been.
I have looked at the 20 Tactical but I have a bunch rounds down the tube on the ole 204 and its still in the same place every time and I have run it hard on several occasions, 300 down the tube in less than 2 hours is hard in my book. Its a very bad day for the Sod Poodles when we show up ha ha.
I may go that way when this one flops.

I have looked at the 20 Tactical but I have a bunch rounds down the tube on the ole 204 and its still in the same place every time and I have run it hard on several occasions, 300 down the tube in less than 2 hours is hard in my book. Its a very bad day for the Sod Poodles when we show up ha ha.
I may go that way when this one flops.
Oops Practical*****

I shot the vast majority of my long-range groundhogs with a custom 22-243AI built off a Rem 40x action with a 26" #7 contour bbl, sitting in a McMillan stock.

I built an even heavier rig in 6.5x284 for shooting beyond 1,000 yds but shot opportunities were hard to find in the areas where I was hunting in central PA.

Two custom Savages: A Model 10 in 6.5 Creedmoor & A model 110 in 6.5x284 Norma &
A custom Aero Precision 20" AR15 with a Faxon barrel in 223 Wylde. I have also used a 22-250 AI. I am thinking of having another one built on a Rem 700 action I have.
CF7F60E6-9960-4B7E-B494-FE61C380AA5D.jpeg

I shot the vast majority of my long-range groundhogs with a custom 22-243AI built off a Rem 40x action with a 26" #7 contour bbl, sitting in a McMillan stock.

I built an even heavier rig in 6.5x284 for shooting beyond 1,000 yds but shot opportunities were hard to find in the areas where I was hunting in central PA.
Varmint Hunter, I have a 6.5x284 new barrel(30" bull) Dan Lilja.
Show some pics of your beast! Thanks

Thanks VH
Is that a short action on the 6.5x284?
I have to long actions doing nothing!

Both rifles started out as factory Remington 40X target rifles that I used to shoot groundhogs. One was originally a 22-250 and the other was a 6mmRem. I'm not sure what action length they are. Both are very solid single shot actions, perfect for what I use them for.

I never put a round in the rifle until I'm laying prone and on target. Both wear rather light Jewell triggers. I don't always carry them around, especially the 28" 6.5x284. I built a portable bench which I set up on the edge of large planted fields and hunt like a gentleman. LOL

I've got a few other much lighter groundhog rifles, including a custom Rem model 7 in .223. I've taken hogs out to about 400yds with the light guns.