What rifles have fancy wood stocks?

I've had my hands on hundreds of Dakota arm's rifles they shoot to. They test them all at 100 yards and have excellent quality Wood.

As well as Cooper and Dakota that Skyes mentioned Sauer, Heym, Mauser and Schultz and Larsen also make rifles with fancy stocks. Most of them will supply their rifles with various grade stocks up to Exhibition Grade. Here are a few examples. Top and bottom are Coopers with the middle one being a Sauer 202.View attachment 199363

Top is a Cooper Custom Classic and the bottom is a Schultz and Larsen Victory.
View attachment 199364
"Functional Art"

I'm looking for a rifle that has a fancy stock, new or old. Besides Weatherby's, does anyone else make anything like that?
I have a west German made sauer bolt action with beautiful wood and workmanship... I would part with it if you wanted pics text me 931-224-5455

Here are few Coopers that I have.
A 220 Swift and 223AI
And a 30-06 sitting by itself.
Gary
31065757-27C5-4D15-96FA-3FC9229754DA.png
0B6C57D5-3DE9-400D-BDE9-54A69A21985A.png

Last edited:
I'm looking for a rifle that has a fancy stock, new or old. Besides Weatherby's, does anyone else make anything like that?
[/Q]

Just about every gunsmith and manufacture makes them. You'll find differences in wood figure even within their grades. Just take your time and shop the caliber you're partial to.
One of the finest chunks of wood I own in a crowd of customs is a 1966 factory Remington 870 TC Anniversary Trap.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.