What rifles are you planning to use in the 23/24 deer seaon?

I drew 4 deer tags this year and will use the same rifle for 3 of them and 1 rifle for the other. Of the 3, the big one I drew is an Az Mule Deer tag near Tucson. For that, I will be potentially shooting >500 yards in very open country and want a bullet that will hit very hard at any distance, so I am choosing my wild cat 7/300 PRC. NOT 7PRC - a 7/300 PRC with a 175 grain ELDX traveling at 3192
BAT action
Trigger Tech Trigger
PROOF 8 twist bbl
AG Carbon Stock
Kahles Scope

Attachments

• IMG_2412.jpg
    IMG_2412.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 63
I drew 4 deer tags this year and will use the same rifle for 3 of them and 1 rifle for the other. Of the 3, the big one I drew is an Az Mule Deer tag near Tucson. For that, I will be potentially shooting >500 yards in very open country and want a bullet that will hit very hard at any distance, so I am choosing my wild cat 7/300 PRC. NOT 7PRC - a 7/300 PRC with a 175 grain ELDX traveling at 3192
BAT action
Trigger Tech Trigger
PROOF 8 twist bbl
AG Carbon Stock
Kahles Scope
That'll definitely put a scratch on something, nice rig!

I will be using either my 7SS or 7 Creedmoor . Shots will be ~300-400yds.
Just got my wife's rifle back from TS Customs, and with a EC Tuner brake purchased fro LRH member, it shoots .5 with factory Precision Hunter

Bottom group was setting 7 and best group was 8 on the EC brake

Attachments

• Ballistic-X-Export-2023-09-16 18:59:50.654846.jpg
    Ballistic-X-Export-2023-09-16 18:59:50.654846.jpg
    380.2 KB · Views: 32
I usually use my browning a bolt 30/06 but I'm changing it up this year with this lovely little rifle.
BSA Majestic in .308 shooting 165gr Speer grand slams at 2580fps. Whole gun weighs 7#4oz fully loaded. Just a sweet sweet little rifle. I can't get away from old hand made rifles like this. Ignore my excitement induced flyer on the target.

Attachments

• IMG_4922.jpeg
    IMG_4922.jpeg
    98.4 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_4923.jpeg
    IMG_4923.jpeg
    113.5 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_4907.jpeg
    IMG_4907.jpeg
    223.4 KB · Views: 82
I usually use my browning a bolt 30/06 but I'm changing it up this year with this lovely little rifle.
BSA Majestic in .308 shooting 165gr Speer grand slams at 2580fps. Whole gun weighs 7#4oz fully loaded. Just a sweet sweet little rifle. I can't get away from old hand made rifles like this. Ignore my excitement induced flyer on the target.
That's gorgeous. Is BSA Birmingham Small Arms? I'd love to have me a couple of those

Absolutely beautiful rifle.

Deer: AEM5 suppressed AR, 77 TMK, short range, 240 yard shots from hide to clearing.

Load: 25 grains of 2000MR, LC, 205MAR, borrowing the load from @USAFRet rifle.
The rifle bamban is speaking of...groups below.

223/5.56 custom Nez Rongero barrel and upper build. Self built lower.

AAC Factory 77 TMK. 100 yards. 13.5" barrel pinned and welded. Monstrum 1-8x24 LPVO. Sylvan folder (this is my truck gun). In my hunting lineup for this year.

Folded 223.jpg

Unfolded 223.jpg

5-Shot group
5 shot group 77 TMK.jpg

Just for the heck of it - 4 shots without the flier (if you even want to call it that)
4 shot group 77 TMK.jpg

That's gorgeous. Is BSA Birmingham Small Arms? I'd love to have me a couple of those
Yes it is! I stumbled onto this gem on 24hr about a month ago and couldn't resist. Didn't have the money on hand, but man I found some real fast.

It's a sweetheart rifle. Points so well. I put a 1.75-6 leupold vx3 on it and it's lovely. A bit snappy recoil with faster loads as it's so light, hence the 2580 velocity.

I have a bad habit of snapping up old gems like this, especially since they're often weirdly cheap. This was $525 😁. I picked up a browning safari Hi-Power .243 a couple years ago. Then got a sweet sweet Ithaca LSA 55 in .243 for a song and a dance that is a hands down shooter.

My obsession started years ago with an H&R ultra rifle model 300 in 284 Winchester. Stunning in every capacity. I was young and dumb and didn't fully appreciate it, and sold it. I've kicked myself ever since and swore I wouldn't lose another oldie if I had the chance.

Yes it is! I stumbled onto this gem on 24hr about a month ago and couldn't resist. Didn't have the money on hand, but man I found some real fast.

It's a sweetheart rifle. Points so well. I put a 1.75-6 leupold vx3 on it and it's lovely. A bit snappy recoil with faster loads as it's so light, hence the 2580 velocity.

I have a bad habit of snapping up old gems like this, especially since they're often weirdly cheap. This was $525 😁. I picked up a browning safari Hi-Power .243 a couple years ago. Then got a sweet sweet Ithaca LSA 55 in .243 for a song and a dance that is a hands down shooter.

My obsession started years ago with an H&R ultra rifle model 300 in 284 Winchester. Stunning in every capacity. I was young and dumb and didn't fully appreciate it, and sold it. I've kicked myself ever since and swore I wouldn't lose another oldie if I had the chance.
It helps that many people don't know what they are looking for.

Recent Posts