What rifle did I just buy?!?!

Tell me about it.....I'm still hunting a 700 LSS in .257 Wby, that is NIB......Doubt I'll ever see one of those.
My brother had one of those lss 257 roys; didn't shoot well until he re-stocked it as the stock was warped. When he got her going, he dumped one of the biggest mule deer bucks I've even seen come out of the badlands at over 500 yards while using a fencepost for a rest. He's not one to settle on one toy for long, so it's gone already.

Contact Remington and ask them the same questions...

They have always been helpful to me, last summer I bought a bag of 300 RUM brass that had unfinished extractor grooves in all the pieces, I emailed them and they said send us "ONE"
pc to inspect, I did and about a week later they sent me a check for $72.00, I was floored but satisfied...

They also freely admitted that it was unfinished brass that got packaged prematurely !

contact Remington

It is one of the Tactical series rifles, not a Milspec. The 5R Mispecs are non catalogue rifles that are all stainless, with an HS Precision stock that is black with green webbing, and a Wundhammer style tactical grip. I understand the Milspecs are overruns of the M-24 rifles produced for the military and supplied in limited numbers.

+1 on call Remington, have serial # handy when you do.
It may well have been to the custom shop, and if so, who knows what all was done to the rifle.

This is it exactly, only in .300 win mag. Everything else is to the tee. I just don't see them advertised anywhere on Remington's sight. I see quite a few sights selling them or similar but no one has commented on how they shoot, balance, likes/dislikes. I just wnjoy reading peoples opinions. Just wanting to read up on it and see how folks like it but I have no idea what to look under. Thanks for all the replies. I think I'll call rem and ask um.

Looks like a shooter. Feed it a steady diet of heavy bergers and you'll be in love.

Did you ever find out what it was from Remington? I had this rifle on order but I would like to know how it shoots before I fully commit. Like you said I can't find any reviews on this rifle and it is frustrating me.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.