Just ordered a Jewell. Did I make a mistake?

my uncle has a jewel trigger on his f-class rig and to tell you the truth i didnt feel much of a difference other than pull weight between his jewel and the factory accutrigger on my dads savage 110 fcp hs 338 lapua. maybe if i spent more time with it i might see the light at the end of the tunnel.:rolleyes:

The Savage Accutrigger is not a bad trigger at all but it is what it is, a trigger made totally of stamped steel parts. For what it is its a great trigger but there is no comparision between the jewell and the Accutrigger, especially when you look at the adjustment range of the jewell and the fact it can be adjusted extremely light in pull weight and still be completely safe.

The Jewell came in yesterday and I installed it yesterday evening. With the factory setting (supposed to be 1 lb) all I can say is...SICK! And I mean that in a good way. Extremely crisp with no creep and almost imperceptible overtravel. For a long range hunting rifle, I believe I'll leave it right where it is. I couldn't be happier.

It often comes down to what you're used to.

It's very easy to get used to a Jewel trigger and much harder to go back.

That said, I like Timney and others. But, Jewel has some nice attributes.

-- richard

After working on remington triggers (older models) with satisfactory results for years I bought a shilan and was very impressed. Then recently I bought a Jewel for a new varmint rifle. All I can say is WOW! It's going to get expensive for me.

I have a Timney and while I like it, it is not in the same league as the Jewell. I don't think a Jewell is needed if you are just using a rifle for big game and shots of 300 yards or less. But for a rifle that will be used for shooting to 1000 yards and beyond a great trigger is a must.

My favorite personal varmint rifle (.22-.243) wears a Shilen set @ 2#. I have no trouble connecting with prarie dogs and coyotes at 600+ (off a bi-pod or shooting sticks). It is all about a crisp, short pull, without alot of over travel and one of the basics or riflery,,,, trigger control. Quit a few were shooting LR long before the Jewel came along. A praire dog at 600' is much smaller than the kill zone of most game animals, 4" wide at the max, most of the time a bit less. My 6PPC BR rig wears a Jewel, fired for group size only from the bench. But,,, to each his own,,,, that's what freedom is about. :)

how many rifles do you have that get used ?

take the number X your trigger cost and the dollar amount is the size of your mistake - lol

your going to want a jewel in all your frequently shoot rifles, would be my guess.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.