What did you name your rifle

I have always named my rifles by their maker or, in some cases, the person I bought it from...hence I shoot the Lemas or the Holland or the Pettiti....Might consider becoming more creative in the new year although not sure how many rifles I will be building in 2009....30-338

My 308 is named woodie.

IMG_4577.jpg

my first real rifle was a L61 sako in 300 win mag. after 20 years it it became" blood and thunder". sold it to a guy who was a bit sceptical as to its condition, which was bad. i told him, if he could see it he could hit it.met him a few years later and offered to buy it back, but he said no way. he could hit anything he could see.well there you go, shouldnt of sold it. but if you use the same gun all your life then you can't be a gun nut and try out all the other stuff that is out there. my next gun after the 300 win mag was the 358 winchester. killed 11 moose with that one and 3 bears and a couple cariboo. but we have mooved on from that too. dam, its hard to be a gun nut!

Recently renamed my Lapua Improved after having it digest 3 different loads that were unshootable in my partner's rifle..I now call it "Mikey" as in " let's give it to Mikey, he'll eat anything!" 30-338

My, cousin calls his ruger #1 300wm penellopy. Don't know if that's spelled right, how often do you hear that name?

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts