What press are you using?

Rock Chucker for me 3 of them for the past 40 years. All work still two are in the hands of my sons . I'm going to buy a Summit but Redding and Forster are really nice as well.

I use a Lee hand press often for seating bullets...
I really like mine, very useful tool to keep around. I like how it captures primers in the ram, depriming with it is clean enough to do on the couch.

IMO the Lee hand press and a mic die is easier for changing seating depth at the range than an arbor press. Not as precise - I'd deal with the hassles of an arbor press to run a very tight seating depth tuning test, but to re-seat a charge weight ladder or a group for a muzzle tuner test to a better coarse depth it's great.

Sorry about the above partial text, something happened and it got posted.

I am 70 years old and I started sorting brass with my neighbor when I was 10 years old. By time I was 12 I was reloading under his supervision on a RCBS C Framw Press that my brother In Law gave me. I was reloading 30-06 & 244. Then I boutght a NIB Colt Match 1911 when I was 16 and started reloading 45 acp. I went to an RCBS O frame at 20 years old and used that till Dillon put out their 550B. My RCBS was Great and never failed me from the 60s. Over those years I went to reloading 30-06, 308, 223, 9mm, 38/357, 40/10mm, 45 acp, 45 LC, 50 AE, and 30 cal Carbine. I will be trying my hand at 45-70 soon for my 1884 Trapdoor. I really enjoy reloading.

I gave my old RCBS O-Frame to a cousins son and bought my MEC. Now I have the MEC and the 750 on order.

RCBS were a Great Presses for me over 50 years but I do Love my MEC.

The Lyman All American Turret is a robust build. I don't use the priming system. It's a little too loose and isn't consistent. The T mag I used for many years until I got tired of the ram over travel, or better, once it reached TDC it drop down a tad and changed OAL. Plus the ram had to much movement for me. Recently I got a FA coaxial. After much reading of complaints I came to the conclusion that when I changed to Lanoline and alcohol for case lube, I never experienced a stuck case, maybe slight/moderate resistance. Once the lube pad get tacky I reapply more with a throat spray bottle with a fine mist. And considering I don't load a boat load ammo, I'm fine with the lube I use. The other lubes such as RCBS and others, even Imperial or Hornadys brand say use very sparingly.. will either be with me too much or too little and I can't quite master it. Lanoline and alcohol is the safe guard and if guys used it they wouldn't have the issues with the FA M press in my understanding. Yeah I saw the threads where the tiny screws go and one out of the 5 were barely there, and should the screws be longer? Yes. And could they be replaced ? Yes. You can buy longer 8-40 screws. I know that's what they are, because I tried thier screw to a front sight screw hole and they fit perfectly. Another issue is the expander rod to separate the shell holder plates isn't tall enough. Simple fix.. a 10 mm bolt about 3 inches or less puts the carriage where I like it. Also the return plunger springs could be a tad heavier to align the case to be centered with die.

Last edited:
My first post (#109) in the thread was 13 months ago I was rocking a Rock Chucker. I have since purchased and started using a Redding T-7 and so far I love it.