What are you using for trim die?

Jpron

For my older calibers I have a bunch of Rcbs trim dies. Ya it's kinda slow with the file but every one is exact. They don't make them anymore. So I started using the little crow gun works for the calibers I don't have. I'm just not all that happy with it. Ya I can go trough a bunch fast but I'm not happy with the consistency. Seems brass flakes get in the shoulder area.

image.jpg

If you have some buddies to split it with, or do a lot of trimming, Giraud Trimmer/ 3way cutter heads are a gift from Above. It's faster doing 3 processes than I can do any of them individually. And much more consistent.
the cutter heads are caliber specific and come preset.

Last edited:
I am using an electric Lyman Universal Power trimmer I bought second hand from a fellow reloader and have had it for a lot of years. I don't mind using a hand crank trimmer for rifle brass, but when I prep pistol cases in larger numbers the electric is very handy. I don't remember what company manufactures it but I saw an electric case trimmer that is strictly for rifle cases on the Midway site a couple weeks ago that looked good.

Recent Posts