What press are you using?

I have a Redding T7 and a Forester Coax I would recommend either press they are both very nice. When comparing turret presses look at the shipping weights that will tell the true story on build quality this also goes for woodworking equipment.

Rock Chucker since 73. Got it used from a guy whose wife thought he would enjoy reloading. Was never used, since Its probably conservatively loaded half a million rounds. Shot competitively for 10 years and NRA 3 gun for a lot more.

Had the toggle gall (noticed it when I took it apart for routine maintenance) called up RCBS and they sent me a new one. I see they now put a grease zerk on the new one they make. That one will last forever. My only complaint is that the primers leave residue all over the ram. Hence the routine maintenance.

I pulled the trigger on the MEC Marksman with the stand today. All the reading about presses led me to believe that it's really hard to wrong with most. I like the features of the MEC and didn't really see any bad reviews. Thanks for all the input!

@memtb I have that old Lyman All American Turret press, I just replaced it with a Frankford Arsenal M Press, the old one caused me to have issues with my seating depth changing, I noticed the top would need to be tightened ever so often. I bought the Lyman used in 93 from a co-worker. I will keep it for a momento of how I got started, maybe use it for pulling bullets with the Hornady Cam lock.

@memtb I have that old Lyman All American Turret press, I just replaced it with a Frankford Arsenal M Press, the old one caused me to have issues with my seating depth changing, I noticed the top would need to be tightened ever so often. I bought the Lyman used in 93 from a co-worker. I will keep it for a momento of how I got started, maybe use it for pulling bullets with the Hornady Cam lock.

Kmccord, Yep, a lot of flex in the old All American. Mine has been regulated to plinking handgun loading use, where there's not much bullet seating resistance and seating depth is not critical! It seemed the larger the case, with the increased resistance to sizing/seating.....the greater the flex.

Many years ago, when loading .308 Win. for my little Model 88, even with full-length sizing .....chambering rounds required a bit of extra effort! memtb

I run the good old Lyman T-Mag with 2 turrets, it's been a great press. I also have a Lee cast press for decapping.

I do it the very slow, old fashioned way. Measure my charges on an RCBS 5-0-5 or a Lee beam scale. I have a Lee powder thrower, got it in trade, never used it. It's slow but makes for accurate charges...

Funny enough, I too have an old Lyman All American press that was given to me by my dad. It's a great press, but sees little action due to the T-Mag. I have never had a single issue with any of them really.

I have an RCBS single stage press that I bought in 1970. Around 2000 I started thinking I had better be prepared for that old press to give out so I started looking for a replacement. I found an RCBS Rockchucker with really low mileage at an estate sale and picked it up for $100. Today that original press is still humming along still producing perfect reloads. That press looks like it is going to outlive me. The replacement Rockchucker is still in bubble wrap in a tote under the steps.