What is your go to food seed

I plant soy beans mid june and top seed with winter rye depending on soil either august or September as the beans mature and brown the rye grass is going strong for December. There's corn and beans all around me and when the beans turn the deer move to rye. I'm in bedford county pa.
We are in unit 2a in western pa

25 years ago I had a neighbor that was in his late 70's who started plantings for wildlife back in the 1960's. His property was (and still is) a magnet for wildlife, so I went to him for advice on how to get started. The most important thing I learned from him is that deer want variety in their diet, just like you and I, they don't want to eat the same thing for every meal, months at a time.

Clover or alfalfa are great places to start as a baseline, then add in oats, wheat, soybeans, turnips or other brassicas, long lived perrenial forbs like Small Burnett, etc

For a straight kill plot I like Deadly Dozen from real world wildlife products. Their soybeans are great as well.

We have way to many deer here. Have 5 acres of corn and 6 to 12 acres of hay ground. We have seen up to 60 deer in the fields
Yes our population of deer is way too high. We've got 2 two acre plots and a couple smaller ones and there's been 20+ deer at a time in the two acre plots. And there's usually a few corn fields within a mile.
Unfortunately the neighboring properties refuse to shoot doe. I will usually shoot 2 doe and sometimes if lucky a buck.
I've had great success using Deer Creek seed out of Wisconsin and also Plot Spike which is sold at tractor supply.