What is the most hated deer rifle you owned ?

I never even knew savage made a full length stocked 99!!!! But now im even more confused about how a .308 could possibly kick that bad!
Oh they don't make that, I had MPI spin that up for me. Felt like doing something weird. I am going to make MPI do something similar for me (another Mannlicher style stock) with a Remington 600 Mohawk I own.

When I was 19 years old I bought a Russian Mosin-Nagant 91/30 7.62x54R surplus sporter, the thing was a beast back in the 60s you could buy them for the change in your pocket, and two boxes of surplus ammo, I missed every Deer and Coyote I shot at, it took me a year to stop flinching with a rifles after that one. Cheers

🤔 What does that translate to? An Hour Of Angle? At 50 yds ... a Day Of Angle? 🤣
🤣 It's what they teach at Storm Trooper Shooting School.

Attachments

• bgthq2_8924.jpg
    bgthq2_8924.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 56
Had a Ruger #1 in 243, not accurate and horrible trigger. My dad took it from me and had Shilen put a SS 25-06 barrel on it. Shoots much better, the trigger still sux.
Another one is a 700 KS I had rebareled in 280AI. Dang rifle will not cycle from the magazine, I now have an average shooting single shot….

I wouldn't say hated.
Had a model 77 mk2 .243 that had a junk stiff trigger. Killed a lot of deer but hated that trigger.

Picked up a 7mm magnum BDL that had been magna ported that shot great with 139's…shot everything else I tried like junk. Did not like anything 150-160 grain it seemed like.

But I've since learned not to give up on some guns. Had a model 70 supergrade .270 that was giving me absolute fits. Would not sight in at all and would not group.

Found out it had scope base hole that was stripped. Fixed that and it still didn't group great but it was way better. Had it properly pillared and bedded and swapped the trigger spring at its now a clover leaf gun on a good day. One of my favorites and it's a beauty

I have never had one I hated... but a few had frustrating moments of load development or accuracy issues but they are all fun to shoot and I like to tinker so its all good. Out of all the rifles I have right now the least used one is my .270wsm but that will probably change when I get a new scope for it.

Hated my 2 Ruger MK77s so much I sold my 10-22 because I vowed to never own another. Lots of work to get 2 moa!

Hate my Bargara Ridge. It's getting sold the minute coyote season ends this year!

Will never own another Ruger or Bergara!