what happened?

hydehunter

just finished sighting in my 3rd rifle with my new Banish 30 from Silencer Central total of 47 shots to get it done out to 400 yards for each rifle.so I thought I would take the can apart and see just how much carbon had built up and guess what, it will not come apart! now when I first got it I took it apart and put anti seize on the treads to be sure it would come apart but no luck anyone run into this before? thinking about going over to Mack Brothers in Sturgis and see what happened

yes I have the tool. the problem is the body is 2 pieces and I can't unscrew the 2 halves to get the baffles out. the end cap on the muzzle will come off but I do not know if the baffles will come out that way did not try it. I guess I will go to Silencer Central this morning and see what they say. if no help I will take it over to Mack Brothers and see what happens.it works great on all my rifles but if it will not come apart I will have to soak it in carbon cleaner to clean it out

I was listening to a podcast a few days ago, and they were discussing a particular suppressor brand that is escaping me right now, but that manufacturer recommended disassembly and cleaning every 100 rounds, and would not guarantee they would come apart after 100 rds.

problem fixed, Silencer Central got it apart. the problem was a lack of information on the salesman's part. he showed me last Sept how to take to take it apart and line up the index marks but failed to tell me that at the bottom of the tube there there was also an index mark to fall into so I put it back together and the baffles did not index at the bottom and tilted and did not tighten all the way. good thing I only shot my 6mm and 204 or I might have had a baffle strike but everything looks good, now working on clean up. SC recommends clean every 100 rounds but have not heard about them not coming apart if going over 100 rounds, but this is new to me. thanks Jim

Same...I use the process from the video above on my Varminter 4.0 (Banish 30). I also run at least 100 rounds between cleanings and have never had an issue getting it apart. The baffle removal tool is handy when it gets really filthy, like if I've been running .22 LR through it. Great suppressor...really happy with it.

I agree with the above comments for cleaning and I also bought the baffle removal tool from Dakota. The removal tool helps a lot, I clean periodically and probably over clean just like my guns.
I have had trouble when cleaning with a sonic cleaner the finish on the lettering and tube was removed. All of my cans are Dakota/Mack Brothers and this has happened to every one of them.
One of the best cleaners for carbon on the baffles has been an orange hand cleaner, it just makes them sparkle like new with very little effort. I also use this in the tube for initial cleaning. It cleans what the sonic cleaner will not.