What grain bullet to shoot?

Bergers 185 vld has a shorter bearing per weight than just about all 175gn bullets and with the extra bc and weight my traj. was identical to my 175 dope but with less drift. That coupled with the extra energy plus the fact that they worked great for game made it a no brainer.

If you can get the 210 vld or 208 amax to group with a stiff charge of re17, this is the only way to beat the 185 in a 1:12.

I like the performance claimed by the 185 berger but for $ 54.00 per 100 vs. $30.00 per 100 for the hornadys I can almost get another box of hornadys.lol... I love to shoot and I try to do it cheap. Haha

I like the performance claimed by the 185 berger but for $ 54.00 per 100 vs. $30.00 per 100 for the hornadys I can almost get another box of hornadys.lol... I love to shoot and I try to do it cheap. Haha

Yeah no getting around that one.
I used to shoot a lot of hornady bullets. I mean a lot.
I was weighing them, measuring them and sorting, i had a whole catalogue set up just for my 168's. I would buy a few hundred and load them in batches of 50.

After i look back at all that sorting, 14 bucks doesnt seem so bad.

I used to think the same way...I shot Hornady ammo for 15 years or more. Then I started reloading, and buying factory ammo was useless and junk, compared to the stuff I can turn-out.

Like I said, I used to think that way until I got one of my rifles to group with some Bergers....It was one ragged hole. That rifle would always put 3 touching, but never bughole groups. After that I experimented with more of them in other calibers, and have never been happier. They're worth the money.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.