What dies to get for .338 lapua magnum reloading?

cirionrc

Well was shopping for dies for my rcbs rock chucker and there are bushing neck sets and seating die sets. What dies do i need? I have a guy gonna show me the ropes but wanna have all the equipment there.

RCBS Neck Bushing Die Set .338 Lapua

RCBS Gold Medal Seat Die 338 Lapua

Will i need both of these?

If you want the best dies for your 338LM then get these Redding Competition Bushing 3-Die Neck Sizer Set 338 Lapua Mag other dies will work but I think the others will agree that its hard to beat the Redding competition dies. These dies support the case thru the sizing and seating process-making some very concentric and accurate ammo. Just make sure that whatever bushing die you go with to remove the expander.

Hope this helps Rob

Cirionrc
If you decide to go with the RCBS Gold Medal Seating Die, you'll have to have Huntington make you a set of top punch/guide dies for the 338. They are not a standard item, but they can make them for you in just a few weeks. Nice folks at Huntingtons.

Rob
The Redding Competition NS dies that I have don't have neck expander buttons, so you must have the correct bushing size.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.