What bullet do you most often grab for when looking for accuracy in a hunting rifle?

sns2

Been loading for a long time, so I'm no rookie, but I was curious as to what bullet(s) people most often look to when trying to determine the level of accuracy your rifle possesses.

When I get a gun, I typically reach for a box of Sierra Gamekings or Prohunters. I have yet to buy a hunting rifle, and I've bought a dozen in the last year, that won't shoot a Sierra. I have also had great success with Berger and Barnes.

If you could choose three bullets to make a hunting rifle shoot, what would they be in order?

Re: What bullet do you most often grab for when looking for accuracy?

Berger Hunting Hybrid
Berger Hybrid Target
Tied for third-ALR and A-Max

Re: What bullet do you most often grab for when looking for accuracy in a hunting rif

Matrix 165 VLD
Barnes TSX
CE MTH

Re: What bullet do you most often grab for when looking for accuracy in a hunting rif

Here's my top-5 bullets in order...

1) Berger Hybrid
2) Berger VLD
3) Nosler Accubond
4) Barnes TSX
5) Hornady SST (only target shooting or coyotes or smaller game)

Haven't shot any Matrix, but hear excellent things. Also have a few boxes of Cutting Edge bullets, but afraid to shoot them incase my rifle likes them, because I can't afford $75 for only a box of 50 projectiles...

My list would be (and it changes from time to time)

berger vld
hornady amax (I really try to not list this as a hunting bullet...but it is...kinda)
berger hybrid (still working up loads here so the order may change)

1. Matrix VLD (the ones i have shot have been extremely forgiving and accurate)
2. Berger hybrid
3. Barnes TTSX or LRX

1. Nosler Accubond

2. Cutting Edge MTH

3. Swift A-Frame ( not a long range bullet but the most accurate 30 cal bullets I have ever hunted with)

Berger ? could never get them to shoot in any of my guns !

Berger
Sierra
Accubond

Would like to try the LR Accubond which have not appeared locally and look overly pricey.

Berger
Sierra
Accubond

Would like to try the LR Accubond which have not appeared locally and look overly pricey.

They're also overly exaggerated in the BC department, too.

I only go to one:
Nosler Ballistic Tip in varmint cals and Accubonds in bigger cals 25 on up.

Cheers.
gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.