What action is this

Red 1

I'm confused and would like the help of LRH I have a rifle that I thought was a Weatherby, but when I bought a set of scope bases for it the rear base was not spaced correctly, the shop owener said it was an A bolt but the A bolt is deferent looking but the rear base did fit so I went home and when I tried to put the front base on it was not the wright contour for the action. If any one hase any Info I would be very greatful.

Thanks.
Rick C

Attachments

• phot4.jpg
    phot4.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 113
  • photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 102
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 84
  • photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 92
I'm confused and would like the help of LRH I have a rifle that I thought was a Weatherby, but when I bought a set of scope bases for it the rear base was not spaced correctly, the shop owener said it was an A bolt but the A bolt is deferent looking but the rear base did fit so I went home and when I tried to put the front base on it was not the wright contour for the action. If any one hase any Info I would be very greatful.

Thanks.
Rick C

The brand should be marked on the side of the action.

If not look on the barrel.

OR = Take a close up of the action and bolt.

J E CUSTOM

"Old Timer" saved the day again.

Just messing with you Mr. Russo. Some of you guys are full of knowledge. We have the world at our finger tips nowadays and it stills requires a "human" to figure out some questions.

"Old Timer" saved the day again.

Just messing with you Mr. Russo. Some of you guys are full of knowledge. We have the world at our finger tips nowadays and it stills requires a "human" to figure out some questions.

My wife says in have a wealth of knowledge...but unfortunately for her, it's all in one area...

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.