What thread pattern is this?

Gar Guru

My dad has a factory Remington 700 chambered in .300WBY that is stainless synthetic with a detachable magazine. It also came from Remington with a threaded barrel and a muzzle brake that is slightly larger in diameter than the barrel. Tried to screw my 5/8x24 suppressor on it and the threads are not compatible. Also, tried my .22lr suppressor with 1/2x28 threads and it wont fit either. Barrel diameter is about .650 where threads start. What pattern did Remington use?

My dad has a factory Remington 700 chambered in .300WBY that is stainless synthetic with a detachable magazine. It also came from Remington with a threaded barrel and a muzzle brake that is slightly larger in diameter than the barrel. Tried to screw my 5/8x24 suppressor on it and the threads are not compatible. Also, tried my .22lr suppressor with 1/2x28 threads and it wont fit either. Barrel diameter is about .650 where threads start. What pattern did Remington use?

You measured the barrel behind the tenon at .650- so you've got a mike or calipers- why didn't you measure the OD of the tenon?
If it's .650 behind the tenon it's not going to be 5/8" threads- clearly not enough shoulder for a .625 thread tenon.
Likely 9/16"- should be within a few thou of .562.

If it is 9/16 x 24, brownells has an adopter for 9/16x24 to 5/8x24. Used it on my 30 cal and under winchesters boss

Too bad you don't have a thread gauge and measure the OD of the thread. Send some pictures. You can use your micrometer to measure the threads-how many in one inch?

Dig this, took the gun to gunsmith to get the stuck thread protector off. He ended up having to put in lathe to save threads while removing protector. Ended up being left hand threads in a metric pattern. He was flabbergasted. Got the factory muzzle brake screwed back on and will leave this girl alone.

Recent Posts