what about a 6mm wsm

Yes it is a 5-yr old thread... but not a bad discussion topic. I have a co-worker who has a 6mm-WSM. Seems to do just fine but we haven't discussed it at length. I think a guy would have to be careful with powder bridging.

I have been around the 243 cal a lot the biggest I would play with is the Ackley. I have seen the 6-284 shoot out in 150 rounds.

Then something was wrong. My 6-284 has several times that count launching 107 @3500fps.... Still shoots in the .3's.

t

Yes it is a 5-yr old thread... but not a bad discussion topic. I have a co-worker who has a 6mm-WSM. Seems to do just fine but we haven't discussed it at length. I think a guy would have to be careful with powder bridging.

Then something was wrong. My 6-284 has several times that count launching 107 @3500fps.... Still shoots in the .3's.

t

I currently own two 6-284, One 12 twist and one 9 twist. I own two 6-WSM, one kreiger 8 twist and one Bartlein 9 twist and one 6.5 WSM with a Kreiger 9 twist. My vote goes to the 6-284. It uses less powder to get the same results, 6.5-284 cases are available from Norma and easy to neck down. I love all these rifles but building cases from the 270WSM without developing a donut inside the case is tedious to say the least. Good luckgun)

Zombie thread!

With the evolution of bullets and maybe powders, (and parent cartridges?) is there any renewed option for a 6mm short mag?(6mm PRC?? Or SAUM)

ETA:
Just found 6mm SST, that'll do me!

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts