what to do with a 6mm barrel

dougy

I have a Gary Schnieder 6mm barrel chambered in 6mm mach 4 it is finished at 27 inches and has a 1 in 10 twist barrel has a had around 200 rounds down the tube, I am thinking about rechambering in 6mm norma br or 6mm ppc and am hoping to have a finished barrel length 22 to 23 inches.I'm looking to shoot 70 to 90 grain bullets not looking to build a speedster just an accurate 300 to 400 yard gun any suggestions?

I have a Gary Schnieder 6mm barrel chambered in 6mm mach 4 it is finished at 27 inches and has a 1 in 10 twist barrel has a had around 200 rounds down the tube, I am thinking about rechambering in 6mm norma br or 6mm ppc and am hoping to have a finished barrel length 22 to 23 inches.I'm looking to shoot 70 to 90 grain bullets not looking to build a speedster just an accurate 300 to 400 yard gun any suggestions?

What about the .243 Win? It isn't sexy but it has a lot of advantages. Check out what George Gardner of GA Precision had to say about it: 243 Win Cartridge Guide within AccurateShooter.com.

I would take the BR over the ppc given the range involved. Generally speaking there are entirely to many really good 6mm cartridges. The 6br will be hard to beat without significant case forming or jumping up to a barrel burning "big six".

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.