What To Do??

Discussion in 'The Basics, Starting Out' started by Aussi roo, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Aussi roo

Aussi roo New Member

Hi fellas
    Im only new to this so I apologies if im not suppose to post this question here. I am currently shooting a Remington 7600 in .308 and am not really happy with it. I originally purchased it for pig shooting and fitted it with a vortex 1-4 power scope. Turns out im doing more spotlighting for foxes with it than anything else. I'v been shooting 125gr ballistic tips out of it. I love the .308 but I feel the pump is pointless and makes cleaning it a chore. Should I keep it and buy a smaller vermin shooter or sell it and buy a nice bolt rifle in .308? Any ideas ?.

Cheers Roo. (Australia)

2. HARPERC

HARPERC Well-Known Member

I had a 760 pump many years ago, I eventually did both, bought a smaller dedicated small game rifle, and a better big game bolt gun.

Over the decades many more of each.

I'd start with an eye toward which ever I was doing the most of-pig shooting or fox shooting.

3. BackpackHunter

BackpackHunter Member

Just from your post it sounds like you are not overly happy with it. Sell it and buy something you'll enjoy.

4. Rem700

Rem700 Well-Known Member

Kinda sounds like you already know what to do. Either keepit and get a different rifle for foxes or replace it completely. When I got started into hunting my dad was a pumpgun guy and I didn't handlea bolt to much to realize it was the way to go

5. WildRose

WildRose Well-Known Member

Keep it, or trade it off and buy yourself a .260 or 6mm which will do both very well if you can place your shots right.