What .308 bullets work for you?

110 Bergers jump on top of each other at short range, since we haven't actually clarified that. 168/175 SMK or NCC & NAB work equally well. Berger 175 VLD too, their 168 and 185 hybrid are intriguing if they work as well as the 140 6.5 hybrid does.

F9B7E38C-E650-4D63-97B7-1A2DB393A40A.jpeg

Thanks for keeping me honest. 308win, might have helped if I would have mentioned it. duh.

Taking my time figuring out what to feed my new bolt gun now.

I shoot 308win in both my bolt and AR. I built my frankin' AR308 several years ago. It a hoot to shoot! A poet and didn't know it..🤣
Yeah...try some VMAX loaded hot

Thanks for keeping me honest. 308win, might have helped if I would have mentioned it. duh.

Taking my time figuring out what to feed my new bolt gun now.

I shoot 308win in both my bolt and AR. I built my frankin' AR308 several years ago. It a hoot to shoot! A poet and didn't know it..🤣
For AR10's or any 308 win semi autos I loaded non polymer tipped bullets. Nosler Ballistics Tips and AccuBonds are the only ones that I know of that flanged the tips to help lock them in. In my AR15's VMAX's and ZMAX's seemed to held up ok. I imagine the bolt thrust on AR10s and my FALs is greater than on AR15s. I might concerned over nothing, but that's been my practice so I'm sticking to it.

In the process of wringing out my new pew.

I"m interested in your favorite 168gr bullets for target use only please.

What are your thoughts?

Well for decades, I used the Sierra MK in bolt action and M-1A, and at least in my rifles and loads, it worked extremely well. Years later, I began running the 168 AMAX and found very good target loads for those, and they worked for hunting also. Also in Palma and other, we ran the Sierra 155's and the Hornady 155 AMAX. I found an AMAX load that was very accurate for target and worked well for deer sized game hunting out to 600+ yards. I have about 1,000 of the ELD's for the 308's, but due to still having a fair amount of the last bulk purchase of AMAX's, I haven't played with the ELD's yet in the 308's.

155 palma does it for me in 308win AR10. For m118 chamber going the extra 30 thou I'll go up to 175 and 180's o use jugg 185. The weights change velocity that dictates the distance I'll be shooting at. I don't want to be at 25 to 2600fps going over 500 yard. Just my preference.
Try 175 lrx barns, I run them at 2850 out of a 26 in Savage. Groups .125 at 100 yards. Stock gun!