What’s your five? 5 Calibers to do it all...

Hey guys,

I've been watching our threads for a while now and curiosity has got the best of me. With so many great choices out there for LRH which cartridges and calibers really set themselves apart from the rest, if any? Which ones make almost everyone's must have list? The reality is most people can't afford a half dozen rifles or more, so if you had the opportunity to hunt the world for everything from groundhogs to elephants and were limited to 5 cartridges or less what would they be? Just curious which ones consistently rise to the top and if any of the new Gucci cartridges make the cut or we wind up sticking with the tried and true. Feel free to state your reason or uses for each cartridge. I am not looking for a debate. There are no wrong answers. Everyone has there favorites. Just curious if there is any consistency? I think it could help some of the new guys narrow there choices when selecting their next cartridge....

I'll start! 308, 270 win, 300 WIn Mag, 338 RUM, 375 H&H. What are your thoughts???
My .243 Win, 7mm REM Mag, .264 Win Mag, .308 Norma Mag, and the shoulder bruiser, .338 Win Mag. 🥰

Hey guys,

I've been watching our threads for a while now and curiosity has got the best of me. With so many great choices out there for LRH which cartridges and calibers really set themselves apart from the rest, if any? Which ones make almost everyone's must have list? The reality is most people can't afford a half dozen rifles or more, so if you had the opportunity to hunt the world for everything from groundhogs to elephants and were limited to 5 cartridges or less what would they be? Just curious which ones consistently rise to the top and if any of the new Gucci cartridges make the cut or we wind up sticking with the tried and true. Feel free to state your reason or uses for each cartridge. I am not looking for a debate. There are no wrong answers. Everyone has there favorites. Just curious if there is any consistency? I think it could help some of the new guys narrow there choices when selecting their next cartridge....

I'll start! 308, 270 win, 300 WIn Mag, 338 RUM, 375 H&H. What are your thoughts???
Lot of great choices out there based on personal preference. Assuming not everyone hanloads, here is my opinion.
22 rimfire, lr or mag.
25-06
30-06
7mag
338 winn mag

True...true. i don't even remember what I posted on a similar thread. Im sure it's completely opposite of this one. Lol...probably something weird like below:

.218 bee
.257 weatherby
.300 H&H
.338-06 AI
.375 Cheytac

Ya, it's interesting. There is so much more to it than just the cartridge though... I find myself wondering how some of these rifles would be setup. How would you configure that H&H, for example?

True...true. i don't even remember what I posted on a similar thread. Im sure it's completely opposite of this one. Lol...probably something weird like below:

.218 bee
.257 weatherby
.300 H&H
.338-06 AI
.375 Cheytac
We need a Daily Load Out thread, what is on us at all times. My 3 handguns, MPX if I wear a coat, 9 knives, deep sea watch, collapsible baton, brass knuckles, gps, 1800 Iphone, one of those wallets that protect cards from being read. < No use, I win.

.22LR and shotgun aside, I would go with 7mm RM, 6.5CM, (my current go-to rifles) and I would add 308, 30-06 & 270. No elephant guns since I don't have any hope of making it to Africa anytime soon.

222Rem for plinking and target
270 Win for Whitetail Deer
270 Weatherby Mag for any Deer Far Away
30-06 for anything
300 Weatherby Mag for anything Far Away
(308 and 6mm BR for Comp Shooting )