What’s your five? 5 Calibers to do it all...

And now Savage is set to release their Impulse line! Darn! That means at least 4 more rifles coming home, as soon as they are actually available. I'm on a couple dozen waiting list for the Impulse Big Game version in 30-06 & 6.5 Creedmoor, and the Predator version in 308 Win & 6.5 Creedmoor...

Addicted!!!
I bought my first Savage this past year, an Axis model in 6.5 Creedmoor and it shoots terrific. Several groups under an inch and haven't even begun to start the tuning process. Terrific for a $250 gun. I just looked up the impulse lineup and although the rifle has excellent features, it weighs 8.5 lbs without a scope. At my age, I've limited the weight of my hunting rifles to 8 lbs completely outfitted and that includes calibers like a 300 WSM and a 338 win mag.

I'll go total old school......only to show my bases have really pretty much been covered since the early 1900's 😆
I have almost all of these, and it's kinda fun to take them out and remember the new stuff isn't really that much "greater" than the goldies.......

25-35
6.5x55
303 British or 7x57- probably the later
308 Norma mag
9.3x62

I'll play too....

223 Rem - for varmints
308 Win - deer sized game
338WM - anything bigger than deer
375 of some flavor - dangerous game (like that will ever happen)
10mm auto - to always have a plan B

22 squirrel
6.5x47
7 Saum
338 win mag

choosing five is hard, too many good ones out there. Those are the ones I own and shoot a lot, I don't shoot the 338 win Mag as much I did when I lived in Alaska but I go back fishing every other year and it goes with me. The other four have any thing on North America covered. The Squirrel Is just too much fun and shoot it out the front door all the time as pesky critters messin with the yard.