Western nd 300 yd and 740 yds bucks

Thats the way those bullets perform, just like BERGERs. PRIME ammo doesn't state that their bullets mushroom just that they will harvest game....and they do.
These are the remains of the 130 gr bullets from my first deer shot with prime ammo

this is not "good" performance

Attachments

• CC35A1A9-EDAA-4C3B-A6E4-E19EB7AE26AB.jpeg
    CC35A1A9-EDAA-4C3B-A6E4-E19EB7AE26AB.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 85
  • AC2CC961-5AB9-4357-8242-F1948C4B9604.jpeg
    AC2CC961-5AB9-4357-8242-F1948C4B9604.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 70
This is from the exit on a over 200 lb Kansas doe my son shot a few weeks ago with the 130 Golden Target. I wish I could find the video of the blood trail, looked like someone poured blood out of a bucket for 20 yards.
026.JPG
030.JPG

We faced cold and wind for days, was late rut I suppose.
my big guy on hme hoist- nearly bent it. For contrast I'll post one of smaller bucks
this guy was a tank!

View attachment 411461
That thing is a buster of a tank!

Please tell me/us more about that hoist (IE make, where'd you get it etc?). Have you used it on your trucks hitch?

How do you secure the HME hoist to the fence post?
I bought a piece of square tube and bolted it to a strong corner post with 8 lag bolts and some scrap.
that hmr reciever fits in the tube, but I had to drive a stake in ground to make it sit upright. I have never stressed it like with that big boy and I used a piece of rope tied to top to make it sit upright while we cut him up

740 yards and butt shot?
Sorry for late reply, his rifle was on a Caldwell magnum tripod extended to the top and he was standing behind it. The wind was shaking the tripod just a little. He waited and when he was confident he could hold it precisely he took the shot. It was his first shot off that setup and he regretted the not perfect results. He took off through the snow as fast as he could for the finishing shot. I have been in similar situations and we regret any not perfect shot. The 300 prc had devastating effect and I am confident the shock was extreme and the buck dropped immediately.