Went to the local reloading shop today

Like everywhere on any social forum there is always One! "Stockpile" I used as a term of speech! It may have been better described as a "Stash", but I don't particularly like the word. If I would have used Stash, Cache or Inventory I believe the same words would have been critiqued. Again, it's a term of speech!
Regardless, his comment was pretty funny... 🙂

And the ballistic tips are normally $25/box approximately.
Havent seen them that cheap online in a while. Going rate before covid was 35 ish depending on bullet. Now if you can find them it's 40-50. Big iff.

So somebody has to explain to me HOW a very small LGS is STILL selling powder in $50 range that they are RECEIVING right NOW! They do NOT have buying power of larger stores so how the heck are they selling at more reasonable prices?

EASY, they CARE about their customer base.

Which IMO, FULLY explains pricing at other stores.
The lgs is selling at bare skin prices. My hats off to the little guy that supports us and a finger to the other rip offs!

Yes, the dilution is the broad economy wide cause in this round, along with increasing minimum wages (it never fails to do so), mandatory vaccinations at large comanies in states with lots of shipping ports and manufacturing causing goods to come to a standstill and corresponding shortages in labor and goods. The shortages and excess money in people's hands created the demand spikes that got it going.

The russian invasion started prices heading up *immediately* on things like natural gas, oil, and grain even though none of the real effects from that were hitting at that time. The immediate jump was fear and uncertainty based.

There were a few artificial triggers that happened to get the ball rolling as well, in order to try to shift blame away from the root cause you outlined above such as the ship getting stuck crossways in the suez canal, starting the shipping snarl that backed things up there, and the oil pipeline that went from texas to the east coast that got "hacked", that sent fuel prices heading up. That's when they were still saying the inflation we were seeing was 'transitory' haha.

These spikes at 50 to 300% that we are seeing on certsin things like reloading stuff and real estate are planned, and only set in motion when investors are well positioned to take advantage of the spike.

Every single one of the factors I've outlined
including the relentless push for excess consumerism (rather than saving and investing) serve to shift weath and real estate (and corresponding control) out of the hands of the many and into the hands of the few.
My father used to tell me that, "the more you make the more you spend." The money we make now is diluted.

So as I read this thread I see terms like hoarders, stashers, stockpilers, Boy Scout Be Prepared but I am struck by the facts that certain businesses on line and brick mortar are deliberately raising prices beyond normal expectation for inflation etc. Those that purchased prior to the "wave" I salute! You have done nothing wrong from my perspective.

The issue I see is "price gouging" and it becomes a real interesting question if these actions warrant investigation by those states that "might" have sufficient language in their price gouging laws. The general requirement is "during an emergency" but again some states have little more inclusive language. Firearms, ammunition et al are included in those products deemed protected.

So I wonder if a complaint were to be filed in Texas against Gunbroker based on their past history with the TX AG be a way to start an interesting wave of our own. The "state of emergency" can be state not Federal. And Texas I believe just issued one based on border.

I am not an attorney nor stayed recently at a Holiday Inn Express so just a thought while loading 300WM with 196HH at reasonable pricing.

Interesting discussion.

View attachment 410411View attachment 410412
I have seen prices on GB go sky high. But, I'm not sure it's GB fault. GB does not set the sale prices of items offered for sale by private parties. It does get a percentage of the sale. The private sellers are setting their sales prices high hoping for big profits while taking advantage of folks that need parts/resources/stuff. The individual sellers are responsible for the so-called price gouging. They set the price high and wait for the fish to bite. And they will. If you don't like or want to pay the prices, don't! Yes, I did stock up along the many years of my reloading journey and will continue to do so when the opportunity arises.

I'm not complaining. I get powder release notifications every day for the last month so now I just ignore them. I saw 7mm AB selling on line for the first time yesterday. I guess primers are the missing link but I'm doing good on everything except small rifle.

Havent seen them that cheap online in a while. Going rate before covid was 35 ish depending on bullet. Now if you can find them it's 40-50. Big iff.
Well that's what I remember paying last time I bought them, I think.

I have always found that Nosler bullets were on the expensive side. Aside from the Part I've stopped using them a while back. Why should the ballistic tip be more expensive than, for example, the Hornady interlock, the Speer Hot Cor or the Sierra GameKing.. There is nothing special about their BT. Not like they invented the concept. Also not crazy about their 50/per box. Tries to fool you on the price. JMO

Last edited:
It's not what he knows. It's what he's planning.
He comes out with a synthetic meat production company and then there's meat packing plants and farms going up in smoke destroyed. There's a baby formula shortage and guess who has the solution with a synthetic breast milk production?? You guessed it. Mr bill gates. If people look hard and long enough you'll find him at the end of many roads of destruction. Follow the money.