How many people are reloading today?

Sweet! I'd really be interested to hear how that AR-10 does, especially in .243!
Yeah, l am as well. I was going to go with a regular ar-15 .223 for coyotes but decided to up the fire power so l could hunt deer with it as well. Plus l had the dies, bullets, powder and brass already for the .243 so it was a no brainer.

Yeah, l am as well. I was going to go with a regular ar-15 .223 for coyotes but decided to up the fire power so l could hunt deer with it as well. Plus l had the dies, bullets, powder and brass already for the .243 so it was a no brainer.

What are you loading in your .243s? And I hear you on your decision to go with the .243, it makes for a great all around deer, coyote, and varmint cartridge like you mentioned. If you don't mind me asking, who makes your AR?

What are you loading in your .243s? And I hear you on your decision to go with the .243, it makes for a great all around deer, coyote, and varmint cartridge like you mentioned. If you don't mind me asking, who makes your AR?
I've got a couple different kinds of bullets I'm going to try. I've Berger 80 gr varmints, sierra 100 gr spitzers, and a couple different nosler ballistic tips. Its a dpms lite hunter with a 20" barrel. Not the most expensive gun out there but after reading up on them its a good middle of the road gun.

I've got a couple different kinds of bullets I'm going to try. I've Berger 80 gr varmints, sierra 100 gr spitzers, and a couple different nosler ballistic tips. Its a dpms lite hunter with a 20" barrel. Not the most expensive gun out there but after reading up on them its a good middle of the road gun.

I've never messed with Nolser bullets in my .243, I just use 87gr V-MAXs for varmints and 100gr Sierra SBTs for deer. And there isn't anything wrong with that rifle as long as it does as you please. I've recently became interested in AR-10s and plan on getting one in the future. I would like to get one in .308 and have heard great things about Armalite's rifles but not sure if I want to spend that much on one. It'll most likely be awhile before I get one so will have plenty of time to decide on which AR-10 to purchase.

I've never messed with Nolser bullets in my .243, I just use 87gr V-MAXs for varmints and 100gr Sierra SBTs for deer. And there isn't anything wrong with that rifle as long as it does as you please. I've recently became interested in AR-10s and plan on getting one in the future. I would like to get one in .308 and have heard great things about Armalite's rifles but not sure if I want to spend that much on one. It'll most likely be awhile before I get one so will have plenty of time to decide on which AR-10 to purchase.

Yeah, I've heard the same about armalite. They're a great gun with a good reputation but what sold me on dpms was they were more interchangeable with other parts manufactures and a little less in price. I had to sell my 2 varmint rifles so l could buy this ar as it was. I'm not a big fan of hornady bullets as I've never been able to get them to shoot but that could change with this gun. I like most everything else. Sierras have always shot good for me as well as the nosler partitions. Bergers are about the best if you can dial them in. I've had outstanding groups in my winchester model 70 in .270 win with the 130 gr match hunters.

Well l took out the new ar out today and it shot great. I had a 3 shot one inch group at 200 yds and that was while l was still breaking it in. I'll be interested to see how it settles in.

Well l took out the new ar out today and it shot great. I had a 3 shot one inch group at 200 yds and that was while l was still breaking it in. I'll be interested to see how it settles in.

Great news. Sounds like a great AR!

I'm Clinton,High Eastern Plains of Colo, Loaded last week to today 22-250 for early early spring parries dogs, and 308 w/168 HPBT 100 of each ,Sunday shoot 500yd gong out front door:110 ft to shooting bench,Shoot a 3/8 or so 6x8 plate fun,windy harder, Yesterday a friend came out we set up Yes I know a dreaded Lee Progressive 1000 Press in a 45 ACP, Rifle rounds using a Single stage Rock Chucker, If it wasn't for my friend I wouldn't of bought the Lee as he's learned to fine tune it to 10th , after a couple of hours we were cranking out the ammo, For the price its an marvel, also got to shoot a few rounds of ammo & site in his newer AR nickle ,sweet 556gun), Tomorrow in 50's plan shooting fav rifle a 308 tactical, very fun to shoot, Don't post hardly ever ,probably for the good,long winded poor speller, Hello
Bye

Loaded up 40 rounds of .308 Winchester for my cousin's new Remington 700. Put 44.0grs of
IMR 4064 behind a 168gr Hornady BTHP. Used Federal Match brass that we match prepped. These will be great for sighting his rifle in and practicing long range shooting. I also prepped and primed 50 .243 Winchester casings today for my Remington 700 varmint rifle. Plan on charging them and seating the slugs into them tomorrow after school. Also getting ready to do some .22-250s for my other cousin's build he and my uncle are finishing this weekend hopefully. So I've been doing tons of reloading back my way. Can't wait until the shooting season in Spring and Summer!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.