Well, I’m done Adulting for Today and Tomorrow…

Surprisingly Midway USA had the best price for $800 shipped. I was about to drop some serious coin on a spotting scope, but for my uses this should reign supreme.
Great idea, I have a drone and was thinking of doing the same thing, how's it working for you, the drone I have has a auto return, and very good cam on it, I could get right in front of the target and see every hole. Soon as the snow melts I going out and try, the drone I have is a Chroma and wasn't as much as the one from Midway, but you can by a camera drone that would work great for around $200/ $300 dollars now. Keep you posted how mine works out

Not having used either... I like that this would give downrange velocity as well. The major drawback that I would see would be needing a target frame as opposed to setting up some steel and walking away.
Your absolutely right, you'll need a frame with paper, but we shoot long range and use backer paper that's around 36"X60" ( the floor liner stuff for new homes) and sometime double it up with our own bulls eyes, for sighting in long range like 400/800 ++yds. it sure helps to see where your shots are going, , NO ding no info.

Well while we are dreaming let's dream big. How about something like a LabRadar that can plot the velocity. flight path to include elevation climb and windage from the muzzle to the target out to 1500 yards. If it was really good maybe even estimate energy when the bullet hits the target and send the readout to your phone or laptop. Now that would be useful. Take the guess and by golly out of any shot and explain those impossible misses. 😊

I've always wondered how these would work. My friend has a shot marker and it's great. But it does require a frame. He has his very portable and set up takes a few minutes. I like that it tells you your impact velocity and ES.

Well while we are dreaming let's dream big. How about something like a LabRadar that can plot the velocity. flight path to include elevation climb and windage from the muzzle to the target out to 1500 yards. If it was really good maybe even estimate energy when the bullet hits the target and send the readout to your phone or laptop. Now that would be useful. Take the guess and by golly out of any shot and explain those impossible misses. 😊
Well I do have a lab radar too, works great, but using it with a drone, ,,lol don't think so but nice idea, lol A guy I know is a real scientist and has a special mat paper kinda of stuff that he can shoot and tell how much impact it has out at distance. Kinda cool, but it's what the ammo manufactures . use too

Someone suggested using a drone w/camera. WOW It's not as much fun, but it could be done with just a drone camera (no drone) located near the target for much/much less. Look for FPV (first person video) cameras, goggles, cell phone dongles, etc. Some cameras have interchangeable lenses, wide angle (2mm) to telephoto (25mm). Some will run on 12v feeder battery. Be sure the system will work for the distance you'll be shooting. I've seen some that will work beyond 5km/3mi.

School me up on the drone idea….how do they handle the wind? How long is flight time on a single charge? Can I hover there for like 3 min, shoot steel, move to next steel?

Or I'd it more like shoot 5, fly out and check, shoot 5 more?

We have one of these. Have flown it 2.5 miles away once. It has a crazy good camera compared to the previous models. I haven't used it for target camera yet but hope to get a chance to some time.
Amazon product ASIN B08JGX61H7
Keep me posted on the new camera, mine is a few years old and wonder how the new cam is working versa the old one