Weatherby Vanguard 2 carbine 7mm08

Waynard

I was looking for info. on 7mm08 Weatherby Vangaurd 2 carbine with 20 inch barrel in, reloading and velocity, best powder and bullets gun)

Huh didn't know they made a true carbine (I'm a fan of the youth models, shorter stock and barrel make them great truck guns).

I'm assuming you've checked IMR/Hodgdon website?

What are you shooting at with it, btw? Pretty good to know what you'll want to shoot at and then we can talk what you should shoot at it with!

I use H4350 with 140 gr. bullets in my 7-08 with a 22" barrel. Most accurate load for me is 47 gr. with a Barnes TSX, this gets me 2800 fps. Works like a charm on Mn. whitetails.

I use H4350 with 140 gr. bullets in my 7-08 with a 22" barrel. Most accurate load for me is 47 gr. with a Barnes TSX, this gets me 2800 fps. Works like a charm on Mn. whitetails.

Only 6 grains lighter than the starting point for my 165 SST workup for my 06' haha

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.