New stock for weatherby vanguard 2

mallard1123

I'm wanting to buy a new stock for my vanguard 2 300wm. I have done some research and it seems like B&C makes the best stocks. I'm having a hard time finding one that fits my gun they are mostly short action stocks. I would like to find one with a raised cheek on it to better align me on the scope. What stock should I get and if I get one that is aluminum bedded is that all I need or will I have to custom this stock to fit my gun better?

B&Cs are in my opinion lower budget stocks, but will typically satisfy the needs of the average hunter/user. I say this because of the experience I've had with a couple....not so good quality control.

As for as bediing etc, I would first mount the action in the stock and test for expected acuracy. If not up to par, then consider bedding. I have found that with some FACTORY rifles and this setup that bedding will NOT improve accuracy.

I think building up the cheek/stock with an after market pad/pack is more desirable than a raised cheek piece. My suggestion would allow a more precise fit to your face.

just my $.02

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.