Weatherby Vanguard 2

I purchased a Weatherby Van 2 this weekend in ss 7mm rem mag. Any members out there familiar with rifle. If so how do you like or dislike?gun)

Accurate and a nice trigger...Better action than a Rem 700 if you want to change barrels...MOA guarantee...The stock should be changed...

What are you going to use it for?

Scope it up, shoot it, and get back to us...Let us know what YOU think...

I like mine...

I like to shoot 3 calibers 243 win 308 win and 7rem mag. I sold my rem 700 xcr in 7mm rem last year and just now decided to replace it. It will be a week getting here from Cabella's , then I will work up a load and see what happens. I plan on running 168 gr hunting bergers. It is going to be like waiting for Christmas day all over again.

Only have one S2 vanguard and only purchased it about 6 month ago in 240wby, happy with initial testing, 4000fps+ and just over 0.5moa.
I did expect it to perform, have had at least one Howa in the safe since the early 80's the vanguards are made by Howa, only real difference is the bolt shroud.

WM, my nephew has the same rifle. We loaded the 168 VLD and his liked H1000 best. As mentioned a nice trigger and after break in shoots very well. He ordered a B&C medalist stock that we bedded which helped accuracy and a nice Leupold scope. Good luck

I owned a Howa 1500 in 7mm08. But sadly just like it's predecessor 7mm08 in rem 700 ,I could not get them to shoot. Maybe I just wasn't patient enough or I expected to much.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts