Weatherby scope base mounts

baydog

Hello. I have a .240 mag Weatherby Vanguard2 that I'm having trouble finding the correct scope base mounts. When I picked the gun up at the gun shop that i bought the gun from i seen they had scope mounts and rings so i asked for what i needed to mount my scope. I was told that the weatherby takes the same base mounts as any Remington model 700 would take and I'm finding out that it ain't so. They gave me weaver base mounts part# 48035 and part #48036 and the part # for the rings is 49047 weaver. The problem i'm having is that when i mount the rings they are to far apart for the scope to fit down into. The rear base mount has a flat bottom and top side has a groove that the screw would fit in to mount the ring to the base. this mount is a little longer than the front mount and the groove is off set toward the front of the gun but the front base mount bottom is curved a little on the bottom to fit the barrel but is not long enough to have enough off set toward the rear of the gun to put the rings close enough together for the scope to fit so i'm pretty sure i don't have the right mounts for the gun. The gun shop has a pretty big selection of weaver mount but don't know which base mounts i need. Does any body know what mounts i need or even better a weaver part# for what i need?..And if weaver mounts won't work what kind of mounts do i need with maybe a part # so I can be sure to get the right mounts?...Thanks for your time and any help

baydog

I would call egw and get a rail mount they make them in any moa you want and will allow you to place rings anywhere along the rail. This is what I do with almost all my guns. They ship it out right away. Hope this helps.

Baydog, per EGW's online store, they only make bases for the Weatherby Mark V rifles. Several members have recommended Talley one piece rings for the Vanguards which are available from Optics Planet, Weatherby and many others online. About $45 + shipping. Check the Talley site for correct item #. Good luck.

Thanks Dosh and Snox801..I ended up using weaver base mount #40a for the front and the #36 for the rear. Then had to use Millet rings part#EX25006 to get the height I needed .
Thanks again

baydog

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.