Weapons In Pictures

Me personally, I'm not all about the fancy looking, hunter 10' behind the animal with arms fully extended setup pictures. I like the grab the deer by the horns and hunker down next to it natural looking pictures as long as it captures the hunter and game. How the pros do it, with the hunter sitting behind a perfectly setup animal with its legs all tucked in just doesn't do it for me. As for the weapon, I take pictures with and without. I don't make a conscious decision of putting it in the picture or not. Sometimes it's rested on the animal and other times it's leaning against a tree either in or out of frame. I don't mind seeing it in the picture.

The weapon is part of the kill, I have photo's with and without the weapon with the animal to provide photo memory of the total experience. Quite a few years ago, my son started improving the experience with taking time to stage the animal to obtain best quality photo's he could. At first, I didn't think big deal, but after a few sessions I realized it is also a tribute to the animal as well.

The same who complain don't think twice of mauling over steaks wrapped in white styrofoam trays at grocery store without thought to the animal that gave its life to those styrofoam trays.

Hmmm, maybe our photos should be of the processed meat already wrapped?
My intent was just my opinion about the photo, not the removal of viewing the weapon used on the kill. I do appreciate the correct tool used to make this memory, not to focus upon the weapon But the shared experience.

I include weapons in the pictures on FB and in emails because that is a way of saying this is a tool I can use.
I had not really considered worrying about pictures of gutted deer and deer rigged for drag because I thought they would be of technical interest to my friends. I have since started cleaning up the photos to reduce the visual gore and dismemberment because I began to realize that the blood bothered some.

I may start leaving it in because there is too much movie romanticism about guns.
It's a messy business and too many don't really understand what that weapons they carry can do.

On another thread a poster commented "So glad to not see weapon in picture."

Do other people feel this way and why? The poster was asked and didn't reply.
More idealogical trolls. Projection from their self chosen torturous reality into other people's reality.
Like Annie Wilkes in the Misery movie, " it's for your own good....."

Attachments

• IMG_20220730_065222.gif
    IMG_20220730_065222.gif
    475.3 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_2022-07-25-20-17-34-752.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-07-25-20-17-34-752.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 40
I'm starting to adopt a new policy for the micro-aggression crowd. I give zero Fs about what they think. Perhaps I should have T-shirts made stating that over a picture of a rifle, so they know I'm not safe to approach. Life is just too short to have to deal with idiots.
They all believe they're NOT CRAZY

Attachments

• IMG_20220801_115014.gif
    IMG_20220801_115014.gif
    180.7 KB · Views: 43