Way no H-4198 anywhere?

DartonJager

Been looking for H-4198 for forever with zero success on line or OTC. Just about any other popular powder I could want has been in stock on line or at my local Cabela's including H-4350, H-4831, Varget, H-1000, even IMR 4064, 3031, 4831 but never H-4198.
Anyone have any idea or thoughts as to why this is? I mean Cabela's has 5 shelves full of various powders from Hodgdon, IMR, Ramshot, and Accurate and even lots of 8lb jugs.

Been looking for H-4198 for forever with zero success on line or OTC. Just about any other popular powder I could want has been in stock on line or at my local Cabela's including H-4350, H-4831, Varget, H-1000, even IMR 4064, 3031, 4831 but never H-4198.
Anyone have any idea or thoughts as to why this is? I mean Cabela's has 5 shelves full of various powders from Hodgdon, IMR, Ramshot, and Accurate and even lots of 8lb jugs.

Lots of short range benchrest shooters have given up on H4198 for their 30BRs. I know a few who developed their 30BR loads with LT32.

I've been trying to find some for 6 years! Wanted it for 45-70. I've heard 133 or 135 was a good replacement. Not sure about which cartridge you're trying to use it in?

Thanks for all the replies. They helped convince me it's not a matter of me just not looking hard enough for H-4198. I actually use it ONLY for smokeless loads in my 10ML-II and in that rifle under any saboted .451-.458" projectile it shoots simply amazing groups. I also took my longest shot on game to date and using an all copper Barnes 290 grain T-MZ hit a very large doe quartering towards me at a LRF confirmed 405 yards.
MV of that load was 2365fps. Bullet entered into her shoulder facing me, shattering it passed through both lungs exited her ribcage after pulverizing a rib. Literally turned everything that projectile passed through to mush. Obviously she was DRT.

Made the shot still hunting around a picked corn field late in the December ML season in my home state on public land. Was snowing quite hard and during the considerable recoil of the shot I lost sight of her. Was a bit unsure what to do because she was the biggest doe of many in the picked corn field that was full of knee and thigh stalks .
A few minuets went buy and none of the other doe and several small bucks did anything and just continued eating, I began to seriously think I had missed. With sun set rapidly approaching and I had a decently long walk to where she was standing I decided I'd best go see if I missed or not. When I got to where I was reasonably sure she was standing there she was on the ground hidden by a patch of thigh high stalks and the snow showed she simply dropped and never moved.

I have two other powders that work as well in my 10ML-II but none that give great consistent accuracy with all bullet weights from 245 to 325. Stuff is just magic in my 10ML-II

I mistook two empty 1lb jugs for full ones, as I now only have +/-1.75lbs of it left. That's about enough for less than 180 loadings.

I've been trying to find some for 6 years! Wanted it for 45-70. I've heard 133 or 135 was a good replacement. Not sure about which cartridge you're trying to use it in?
Yep IMO/IME H-4198 is as good as it gets for the 45/70 and is also why its the magic wand of accuracy in my 10ML-II.