Need help way way over pressure on near minimum powder

How is your new Savage coming along? Hopefully your problems are long gone now.

The build has been on pause savage replaced the gun after a new bolt and barrel didnt fix it... been too busy running my HVAC business this summer to send it to the Smith to have the new Krieger barrel threaded and chambered

Factory loaded hormady precision hunter ELDX 162 grains were way over pressure as well extreme extreme bolt lift
i
If the factory loaded Hornady loads were over pressure, it is time to have a gun smith check your rifle.

The Hornady 10th ed. lists 53.8-60.4 grains of H1000 at an overall length of 3.290". Use the Hornady data seating at 3.290" overall length. If this works then, start looking at your overall length. I believe you have made an error in the measurement of the length of the round to the lands.

Last edited:
Factory loaded hormady precision hunter ELDX 162 grains were way over pressure as well extreme extreme bolt lift
i
If the factory loaded Hornady loads were over pressure, it is time to have a gun smith check your rifle.

The Hornady 10th ed. lists 53.8-60.4 grains of H1000 at an overall length of 3.290". Use the Hornady data seating at 3.290" overall length. If this works then, start looking at your overall length. I believe you have made an error in the measurement of the length of the round to the lands.
Looks like Savage replaced the entire rifle as a manufacturing issue. Hoping he finds success when he gets it back on the range.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.