Was my choice the right one

What's the barrel contour on that PRC? I'm curious what it's going to weigh with a 28" barrel? Might get a little heavy to be lugging around. Sounds like both are super nice rigs though.

Im new to the LRS so please be kind. I ordered 2 guns one 300 norma mag and one 6.5 PRC for hunting and ringing steel. Shouldnt be to much longer my 300 should be getting finshed and then around six month's on the 6.5.

Why worry about what others think? It's your decision to make ... enjoy and have fun with it.

Ed

Heavy palma 1-7.5 twist. Most of my stands are inclosed tho with shooting rest.
30" HP blanks from Krieger run about 6.5 lbs unchambered. You're probably going to have a 5.5-6lb 28" chambered barrel when they're done with chamber and cutting to 28". If it's being fluted that will reduce the weight a tad also. Nice barrel but heavy for sure. You may want to do a weight total of all your components including the potential optic, mounts, bipod, bottom metal, stock, action, magazine loaded, etc.. just so your clear on what your getting. If it's primary function will be the range and hunting from a blind you'll be fine but based on what I see it's going to be a super nice but heavy rig. Should be a shooter for sure. Good luck.

Last edited:
Your choices seem sound to me. Not many of us can say we got it right the first time. I have sorted through a lot of cartridges, and find myself going back to a few after an absence.
Learn as you go.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.