Was my choice the right one

Good to go. You'll like that PRC I am sure. I shot the 6.5-284 for many years and switched to the PRC. Same basically, and just super easy to shoot.

I think they are both great choices. I am partial to the 300 WM as its easy to find ammo any time ... when you don't have time to reload. It will kill anything I aim at (maybe not Brown Bear though). You dont mention what you hunt and how far you plan to shoot. The 6.5 PRC may do more than you think. Some people like lots of rifles ... and I get that. My goal is to be the best I can be with one rifle/caliber. Getting best with two or three rifles is difficult unless you plan to spend lots of time at the range. Go slowly until you better understand your needs.

Im new to the LRS so please be kind. I ordered 2 guns one 300 norma mag and one 6.5 PRC for hunting and ringing steel. Shouldnt be to much longer my 300 should be getting finshed and then around six month's on the 6.5.
Fariss, You made two great choices with A+ components and calibers. Welcome to LRH 👍

Welcome! Sounds like you may be new here but your choices show you are not new to the shooting game. You have made outstanding choices to build on for both long range hunting and shooting.

What scope do you recommend for the later, I'm thinking maybe a Hubble?
Have you looked at a Nightforce ATACR? They are excellent scopes for long distances and the crosshairs are thinner than most other scopes eliminating target reticle blackouts. I have two. One in 5x25x56 and the other in 7x35x56. They are distortion free at all power settings and can track better than a mad wife!

Im new to the LRS so please be kind. I ordered 2 guns one 300 norma mag and one 6.5 PRC for hunting and ringing steel. Shouldnt be to much longer my 300 should be getting finshed and then around six month's on the 6.5.
I have a 6.5prc and love it but I don't think id be shooting it a ton at steel since its on the side of being a barrel burner. Id buy a 6.5creed for ringing steel.

Good. I agonized for months over my last scope purchase. Mainly because my pockets weren't deep enough to spend heavy. So I had to wring everything I could out of the pricetag...lol.
Have both scopes on rifles. Good choices. I only have one gripe. I think nf has overpriced their product. I feel the leupold mk lv, v, vi are all gr8 scopes at better price. Having said that, i do have nf scopes and love them. Also love the vortex razor line.

Both are great choices. I personally just purchased the same two calibers these last few months. I have about 60 rounds through the 300 Norma Imp using a mild fire forming loads for the brass. The mild loads are extremely accurate using Lapua brass, H1000, CCI 250, and Berger 215 Hybrids. Interesting enough, my 300 Norma Imp also has the NF NX8, Kelbly action and a Proof barrel. So far, I love the scope and setup. I was able to make cold bore shoots at 950, 1250, and 1660 yards with the fire forming load.

I should get the 6.5 PRC up and running this weekend. I plan to start with RL26 and H1000 powder with ADG brass and Berger 144 LR Hybrid bullets. I put a NF NXS 2.5-10x42 on it. The bare rifle weighed 6.5 pounds. My guess is with the scope and rings, it will be around 8.5 pounds. I plan to use it as a sight and stalk gun.

Send me a PM and I can give you the details of my 300 Norma Imp fire forming load. Once I get through fire forming my 100 rounds of brass, I plan to start load development. This will allow the barrel to finish speeding up.

Good luck with your builds!

have a 6.5 prc in a ridgeline great great gun 3/8 groups at 100 with leopold got new turrent for an works great 300 norma don't know much about them but have a custom built 338 lapua that will match that an beyond

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.