wanting new stock for Rem 270

Robster80

i have a Remington 700 .270 ive owned for about 15 years...its all black and i was wanting to change the stock out to something different (woodgrain,etc)....who makes the best rifle stocks ?

If it is a custom and you don't mind dropping the cash, Joel Russo on this site makes beautiful stocks.

I have a BDL 270 that came off the line in 1978. Still shoots lights out. I have been looking at the McMillan Edge or the Manners lightweights to make a true lightweight rifle. It shoots too good that I am afraid to change anything.

Boyds Gunstocks
McMillan
Manners
HS Precision
Joel Russo

Depends on what you want and howmuch/long you are willing to wait.

Shane

wow..joel russo's work looks incredible...anyone know his average price??? i dont care for the thumbhole stocks or anything i want basically the same thing i have now a regular sporting stock but just in one of those wood designs.

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Average price is hard to quote as everyone wants something a bit different and the cost is commensurate with the type of wood you choose. Feel free to send me an e-mail with your contact information if you want to discuss your options. I am currently running a heavy backlog, so build times are hard to estimate.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.