Wanted to show a Remington 700 drop-in bullpup chassis I've been developing

Tyler Kemp

Hey everyone,

I've been a longtime member, and more of a lurker the past few years while I was in school getting my degree, not nearly as much time to shoot.

Anyway, after graduating a partner from school and I have started a company called MK Machining in the hopes of bringing innovative precision rifle products to shooters. Our big project right now is a Remington 700 bullpup chassis that is in the prototyping phase, and I hope to bring it to market early next year.

I'm more than happy to answer any questions, because this is certainly a radical design, but being a fairly experienced long range shooter, competitor, and hunter, I believe the design my partner and I have come up with addresses many of the historical bullpup shortcomings.

Below this I'll post a rendering, and then a few pictures of progress so far followed by additional info. The trigger assembly prototyping is almost complete, and I'll be able to see how the design performs very soon.

nBtrAX6.jpg

Rendering with an 18" barrel. Grip angle isn't right, was just using a generic AR grip file.

lKRnP8o.jpg

Main action rail which will house the trigger assembly and be sealed with a few other pieces. Recoil pad will be behind this just a few inches.

RA2d4ND.jpg

Another view of action rail.

A bit more info about the chassis:

Yes, it will function with no modifications to your rifle. Our trigger assembly will come installed in the chassis, and with simple hand tools you can install it on your action.

Ergonomics will obviously suffer a bit with the stock bolt handle, we plan on offering an extended bolt handle service where we thread your bolt and install an extension.

AICS mag compatibility, potentially other mags in the future.

Modified stock Remington trigger, other triggers planned in the future.

Completely modular design. You choose what rear section and forend you want, what grip style, anodization, etc, and it is assembled to your wishes.

Adjustable length of pull, recoil pad height and cant, cheekpiece moves horizontally and vertically.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but just ask if you have any questions. Any likes on my facebook page, MK Machining would be most appreciated, and you can keep up with development there!

WmItoec.jpg

Things are coming along quite nicely. Should have a functional rifle this week, minus rear and forend sections which will be up next!

I'm tragging in! I've always liked the bullpup designs, just never dropped the cash for one. I really like how you will incorporate an adjustable recoil pad, I use one on my skeet gun just never understood why more people don't have one on their precision rifle. Let us know what actions will fit when you get things worked out more and an estimated price range.

Tyler,

Interesting!

If rear and fore end stuff connect to what you show, what's the odds of it being ultra light, i.e., carbon fiber parts as much as practicable.

Also, I'd be majorly interested in one that would fit a Bat M. Just say'n.

Good luck on your quest.

I'm tragging in! I've always liked the bullpup designs, just never dropped the cash for one. I really like how you will incorporate an adjustable recoil pad, I use one on my skeet gun just never understood why more people don't have one on their precision rifle. Let us know what actions will fit when you get things worked out more and an estimated price range.

Thanks for compliment jarhead, I used to shoot a lot of competitive shotgun and three position rifle shooting, where adjustable recoil pads were the norm, and really help for comfortable shooting, especially over many rounds.

I plan on offering for Remington, Savage, Tikka, Badger, and possibly Mossberg and Winchester...essentially all the popular bolt actions. Price at this point I'm hoping to start at $1200 for a base model without upgrades. If there is enough interest once absolutely everything is sorted out, I'd like to offer a pre-order program.

Tyler,

Interesting!

If rear and fore end stuff connect to what you show, what's the odds of it being ultra light, i.e., carbon fiber parts as much as practicable.

Also, I'd be majorly interested in one that would fit a Bat M. Just say'n.

Good luck on your quest.

Roy, even if we don't offer standard chassis for a Bat action, we could certainly do a one off. Does the footprint of this action fit anything else, or is it proprietary?

Carbon fiber options, along with several other cool ideas are something I most definitely want to incorporate down the road. Current calculations have the chassis weight just under 5lbs, without any weight reduction at all.

Well any progress?

Yes, there is progress, but not much to show. Been working on completing the trigger linkage just how I like, hope to have the forend mounted this week. Will update then! Trigger assembly is something I'd rather not show pictures of as it is crucial to our design and making a bullpup chassis practical.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts