Wanted - Mule deer hunt Texas - 2022

It would be my grandest and best dream to do a 7-to-10 day hunt in Alaska. My body too is a lot older and more frail than my mind thinks it is. You give me the opportunity - I'd train, lose some weight, work on day endurance - I'd be ready by time to leave. Like many, we really do not know where to start; who to talk to; who to avoid; areas to hunt; areas to avoid; seasons with the best chance of success vs. an empty-handed return trip. All that keeps most of us from jumping off. Yes, $4-10,000 is a lot of money - not something I can try more than once - at least without being successful, having a good time and not killing myself - before I would spend it again. Regardless of what season we're in, we all have budgets we can fund and there are trips/budgets we'll never be able to fund. Telling the difference is the hard part.

What do you have now, a 270 and above will do ,just use good bullet
I have a 270 , 300wsm, and larger, I guess my real question is weight, do I need to take my big mags 26" barrels, or can I get away with a smaller caliber short barrel less weight and be safe , do I need to take a stainless gun ? All advice is welcomed thank you !

I have a 270 , 300wsm, and larger, I guess my real question is weight, do I need to take my big mags 26" barrels, or can I get away with a smaller caliber short barrel less weight and be safe , do I need to take a stainless gun ? All advice is welcomed thank you !
I've only been to Alaska twice (Brown Bear and Caribou). Both hunts were nasty wet weather, but the rifles I took both had wooden stocks and bluing. Now I didn't let them sit all day in the rain, but they definitely got wet and shot very well. Stainless is nice and a Composite stock is a plus for sure. If ya got the latest and greatest stuff, take it👍

I've only been to Alaska twice (Brown Bear and Caribou). Both hunts were nasty wet weather, but the rifles I took both had wooden stocks and bluing. Now I didn't let them sit all day in the rain, but they definitely got wet and shot very well. Stainless is nice and a Composite stock is a plus for sure. If ya got the latest and greatest stuff, take it👍
Ten 4 , great info thank you

Actually didn't pay anything. I booked a hunt with some friends through a agency earlier in the year. Let's just say it wasn't what was advertised. They made it up with a hunt with High West at no additional cost. Everyone ended up with respectable rams.

There are leases in Texas that produce 170-206" deer every year, for less then Alberta. I just got off one. Grant it Alberta isn't as moisture dependent
Pray tell???? I went to Mexico last year and going back this year, but could always throw in another hunt…

Pray tell???? I went to Mexico last year and going back this year, but could always throw in another hunt…
It's no longer available but both the services I gave earlier is who I would call.

As far as leases unless the ranch is MLD it's a two week pre rut season, which tends to help with age structure

There are leases in Texas that produce 170-206" deer every year, for less then Alberta. I just got off one. Grant it Alberta isn't as moisture dependent
My comment was not meant as a slight on Texas in anyway....just hunting in 100 degree weather is brutal!!!! And unless we're hunting soley for meat....we pass up on the 170s....to let them mature! 😅🤣😂